Shock Force Control Bindings

Artkin

Hi guys, I just dropped $86 on Shock Force and its expansions. Having started my Combat Mission extravaganza with Black Sea, I had expected a way to assign keys the way I'd like. As it stands, I just wasted my money on a game I can't control. The controls just don't work for me. My question to the devs is- can you guys please add the controls editing like how it is in Black Sea? I am extremely disappointed the game is on the V3 engine but still doesn't allow alternate controls support. 

Also, I hope to see all the unit types ( especially the Challenger 2 and Leopard 2) implemented in Black Sea. I am willing to pay for the expansions. Although, after all, they may just be ports from SF. 

I hope you guys resolve my issue, I am not fond of using these specific controls, as I like the option to choose. If anyone has a fix please let me know!

Thanks,

Tyler

Pretty sure it's not on engine V3 fella, it doesn't even have exit zones (but CM:A does).....Some of us are praying for an update to CM:BS standards (without loosing our uncons)!  ;)

You can customise your key bindings by editing the text file 'hotkeys', it's usually found at something like C:Battlefront/ Combat Mission Shock Force/Data/hotkeys (right click on your game .exe, go to the location and you'll find the Data folder there too).  It's probably worth saving a copy of the file (to another location) before editing it.....Just a bit more hassle than point & click, but hardly rocket science.  :mellow:

On the upside, go look in the repository.....There's more than enough FREE CM:SF materiel in there to compensate for any inconvenience IMHO!  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Thank you for the speedy reply. I was pretty plastered last night when I wrote that.

Anyhow thanks for the information. I couldnt find anything regarding engine version on shock force, so when I saw 1.3.2 I had assumed 3rd engine 2nd update. Will assign the proper bindings when I an home.

I hope to see everything in Shock Force ported over to Black Sea if the engine wont be updated. Perhaps giving the people with SF a discount! ;-) 

Furthermore, I think one game over multiple would be a better marketing strategy for Battlefront. The market for a  solid, realistic RTS is lacking. Battlefront could take over if they had just made one game with everything packed into it. Using modules to update the game with more content. I can understand why a series of games doesnt appeal to everyone over one unified game. People want to be able to use the content all together. Exactly why I'd like to see everything from SF into Black Sea. But then it probably wouldnt even be Black Sea anymore. Would need a new name!   (I'll probably make a post on this sometime since its non related)

Thanks again!!!

You can for scenario design purposes, but it's a fiddly-ass process, you need to buy the formation that has the stuff you want and delete all the stuff you don't.....It's an older iteration of the game, so it is what it is, but trust me you can still do some really creative stuff with it.

I'm assuming it's the same for quick battles, I don't play them TBH.

Assuming you've not already discovered it, the discussion in this thread may well interest you (and your support would be welcome):

This thread will help with your Hot-Keys:

If you are at all interested in scenario design you will find these threads useful (you might want to play Operation Neptune Spear (see Repository) before you read the thread):

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead