'Bug out' Bug

Hi

I'm enjoying the new AI for 4.0 - infantry on the whole seem a load better. I couldn't find a

I have been playing through the campaign - I know the troops are not experienced, so they are a bit brittle.  Nonetheless, I've noted some odd things when a squad bugs out:

1- Running towards the enemy - I had a piat team ambush an enemy tank, then have fire returned which killed the piat operator.  The other member bugged out - fair enough.  Rather than running backwards, or trying to bury himself, he ran towards the tank, past it, over a courtyard and into a house on the other side of the street.  This seems unlikely.

2 - Running out of cover back into the kill field - here a squad, assulting a position, gets a couple of casualties.  Again, fair enough that they bug out, but rather than hunkering down in the bocage they were in, and trying to stay out of the fire, they all leap up and run back over the field of fire of a MG, all getting killed.  I'd have expected them to basically try to hide in position, as they were pinned. 

3 - bugging out after killing entire enemy squad -squad loses a couple of men, but manage to kill all germans, having killed all germans, run back 50 yards, past a load of available cover.  Right in front of them was a house with friendly troops in.  If they were going to bug out, they'd have surely gone into the house they'd just seen their squad mates go into.

I saw in the manual it says heavily shaken soldier enter panicked mode, where they act irrationally running into lines of fire. If an HE round fired from a tank  landed near a human I think he would be very disoriented and the concussion from the blast would  make your vision, inner ear balance, sense of direction and possibly brain and many other things act out of the norm. It would be like spinning around in circles 50 times then trying to run straight, you know you have to get away from the enemy but your brain doesn't know which way to run off to.

Edited by user1000