Any news about CMFI 4.0 release

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game!  I enjoyed Harpoon for a while, but the abstract graphics eventually made every mission seem more or less the same.  I prefer WITPAE cos it features pretty little pics of the ships and aircraft.  (I respond to visuals, pretty graphics, crayon coloring books etc.) 

However, CMANO may be a good mission generator for a flight sim.

Have you downloaded all the db pictures and installed them? Because that really helps. Click on something and it's picture is in miniature at the top right. And many, many of the db entries have pictures (or line drawings if you prefer). Apologies if you know this already. And apologies for the hijacking of the thread.

To make up for that, let me just say again that the TO&E work in beta testing was incredibly thorough. The finished product is going to be really great.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the absence.  I blame the Flu and whomever it was that was coughing behind me in the movies last Saturday night.  A little blame for me not listening to the voice in my head that said "maybe I should move" :(

I just made the CMFI stuff live!  If you guys have already got orders in, your download links should now point to something fun instead of a Readme.  There's bound to be a few SNAFUs (the backend is horribly complex) so I'm keeping this between us for now.  Once I'm sure things aren't totally out of sorts I'll let all preorder people know as well as the general masses.

Enjoy!

Steve

Installed successfully, had to create the activate licence shortcut, but this time it won't accept my Upgrade 4 Licence Key (tried my original CM:FI + GL key too).....Help!

Tried the Web Activator.....CodeBadFormat:Activate Product: No action inside request code can be authorized by SN.; processing time: 0.05 (s)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Hmm so I tried the Activate New Products shortcut .exe -- entered my Upgrade 4 code, got the "Success!" message, showing upgrade 4 and other components activated, but then when I launch the game, I get a "License Failure - Game Engine 2 is required" message, and then returns to desktop.  Something's not right.

OK, most likely it's that you need to relicense.  There's notes about this on the purchase pages now, so I guess I should also put it here at the top of this Forum.  Here's the short of it...

Engine 4 uses a newer form of the copy protection.  This means any and all activations you had before Upgrade 4 no longer work.  So yes, as the message says you need to license with your older keys.  Which keys depends on when you purchased the game.  If you bought the original version (Engine 2) then you need to enter your Engine 2 key *and* your Engine 3 key.  If you bought more recently then you only need to enter your Engine 3 key.  And if you have Gustav Line you need to re-license that as well.

Remember if you can't find your license keys in your email or archived somewhere you can get them by logging into your store account and going to Order History.  License keys and links are always there except for people who ordered "hardgoods only".  For those folks, the license keys are found on the CD/DVD cases.

Steve

6 minutes ago, Salemi said:

I bought the V4.0 Upgrade but the link for the download points for the V4.0 Upgrade of CMBN...

Found and fixed!  Please try again.

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So I need to input my CMFI/Gustav Line key, then Upgrade 3 key, then upgrade 4 key.....I've entered 4 several times and the original so far, does the order matter?

Order doesn't matter.

Steve

@Battlefront.com

Inputting the third key gave me a success in the activation screen, but when I tried to start the game I got the "License Failure - Game Engine 2 is required" message described above, inputting my original key again makes no difference! 

I don't have a specific key for Upgrade 2 that I'm aware of, just the keys from the original CMFI/GL bundle, CMFI upgrade 3 and the CM Upgrade 4 Big Bundle.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@Battlefront.com Aaaargh, but when I start the game I'm getting the "License Failure - Game Engine 2 is required" message described above, inputting my original key again makes no difference!  I don't have a specific key for Upgrade 2, just the keys from the original CMFI/GL bundle, CMFI upgrade 3 and the CM Upgrade 4 Big Bundle.

Nobody has an Upgrade 2 license key as CMFI started out with Engine 2.  So what this means is your original code, which in your case seems to be CMFI/Gustav Line Bundle should do the trick.  It's possible the keys didn't import correctly.  PM me your license key that you're trying to use and I'll check it.

1 minute ago, Salemi said:

Hi Steve,

Using the links from My Account still directs to V4.0 CMBN...

Hmm.  I thought it would instantly refresh, but maybe it's baked into your email link.  OK, the way around this is to log into your store account, go to Order History, then your order, and click on the link from there.  That should do the trick.

Steve

3 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Nobody has an Upgrade 2 license key as CMFI started out with Engine 2.  So what this means is your original code, which in your case seems to be CMFI/Gustav Line Bundle should do the trick.  It's possible the keys didn't import correctly.  PM me your license key that you're trying to use and I'll check it.

Hmm.  I thought it would instantly refresh, but maybe it's baked into your email link.  OK, the way around this is to log into your store account, go to Order History, then your order, and click on the link from there.  That should do the trick.

Steve

Steve,

That's precisely what I've done... Actually i tried both ways: through the e-mail and through the order link into My Account... and both directed to V4.0 CMBN...

11 minutes ago, Salemi said:

Steve,

That's precisely what I've done... Actually i tried both ways: through the e-mail and through the order link into My Account... and both directed to V4.0 CMBN...

Hmm.  OK, looking into it further.  Stand by.

11 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@Battlefront.com  When I try to PM you I'm getting a message saying "Battlefront.com cannot receive messages". 

Just your luck to be the 200th message, thus filling up my inbox for the first time since this Forum went live :)  I cleared it out, got your message, and fixed your problem.  I think!  Looks like the Gustav Line Bundle keys only got entered as Gustav Line.  I manually tweaked yours to work and will have to figure out how to fix the others.  Give it a shot and see how it goes.

Steve

Ah sorry, I just attempted to start the game, should I be redoing the licence activation, if so which (I just want to get this right and take up as little of your time as possible, we've already rather got off on the wrong foot and I really don't want to make things worse)?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Cheers Steve.....Game Engine 2 is now showing up in a green box in the activate games panel, which it wasn't before (don't know if this info helps at all), about to click Play......

Success!  :)

Thanks for your help, top notch stuff.....Appreciated too.  B)

Now to see what happens when I turn Webroot back on.....This could be much more of a hassle to sort out!  :unsure:

28 minutes ago, Salemi said:

Steve,

I found the mistake first time, fixed it, triple checked it, then triple checked it again :)  It's definitely fixed.  However, you could be facing some sort of cache problem.  I'm going to PM you a direct link to get around whatever problem it is you're experiencing.

Steve