Any news about CMFI 4.0 release

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Sorry for the delays.  Here's where things stand:

The original CMFI TO&E was put into place years ago and (for coding reasons that have since changed) was kept totally separate from CMBN's TO&E.  When we went to make Engine 3 the CMBN TO&E was standardized and used for CMRT and then later Engine 4 and CMFB.  This meant that fixes for one were applied to all.  Unfortunately, CMFI was not brought into compliance until now because it's a massive amount of work.  Such are the joys of maturing a game engine instead of starting from scratch every 2-3 years or just letting things get moldy.

We've mostly got the CMFI TO&E straightened out and compliant with the current standards, but we've had to re-work in all the many oddities specific to the Italian theater and/or are related to dates of deployment.  Which is one reason we didn't try fixing the CMFI TO&E back when we did Upgrade 3

Cheers for the update. Much appreciated. When there is no news speculation tends to run rampant, and it's never positive.

10 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

...we've had to re-work in all the many oddities specific to the Italian theater and/or are related to dates of deployment.

Which is really important since it is the particularities of the Italian theater TO&Es that make it so interesting. BTW, I am hoping that some day the Rangers will make an appearance in the ETO as well as Commandoes, SAS, and maybe another special force or two.

Michael

10 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

The original CMFI TO&E was put into place years ago and (for coding reasons that have since changed) was kept totally separate from CMBN's TO&E... Unfortunately, CMFI was not brought into compliance until now...

The point of all this is for you guys to have consistent TO&E from game to game instead of having X unit be portrayed correctly in one game and incorrectly in another, they are now all the same (presuming we've patched all games)...

Oh ho, now I never knew that. This may finally put to bed the binocular discussion we've beaten to death over in the CMBN forum, and explain the discrepencies between the two games.

21 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

Oh ho, now I never knew that. This may finally put to bed the binocular discussion we've beaten to death over in the CMBN forum, and explain the discrepencies between the two games.

oh yeah, that's going to be annoying... I hope because of this we don't lose our ability to give US troops 1903A3 springfields.

There was some stuff in CMFI that actually seemed more realistic to me. For one thing, in CMFI Panzergrenadier assistant sls often got the G43, which afaik is based on the 1943 TOE that specifies one G41 for the assistant. By comparison, in BN the G43s seem mostly assigned at random to various riflemen.

40 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

There was some stuff in CMFI that actually seemed more realistic to me. For one thing, in CMFI Panzergrenadier assistant sls often got the G43, which afaik is based on the 1943 TOE that specifies one G41 for the assistant. By comparison, in BN the G43s seem mostly assigned at random to various riflemen.

Well, I think the G43s are over supplied in CMBN...In RL, it relatively Rare and usually only one is assigned to an Inf Platoon.

And, hope BF is also working on any Bug fixes in V4, and not just FI TO&E changes...

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Does this mean that the Italian TOE also got a second look? Now that AA guns are in all the branches, the lack of the Breda 35 is more apparent, especially since it's mounted on the Sahariana. Similarly, a ground mount for the Solothurn S18-1000 would be great. Both weapons are already in the game, and having ground mounts would historically accurate, and also mean that the Italian player doesn't have to rely on large, soft targets (with high rarity!) to add firepower.

There are other odds and ends the Italians could use, but IIRC there are hopes for an Italian-focused module down the line. ;)

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

Does this mean that the Italian TOE also got a second look? Now that AA guns are in all the branches, the lack of the Breda 35 is more apparent, especially since it's mounted on the Sahariana. Similarly, a ground mount for the Solothurn S18-1000 would be great. Both weapons are already in the game, and having ground mounts would historically accurate, and also mean that the Italian player doesn't have to rely on large, soft targets (with high rarity!) to add firepower.

There are other odds and ends the Italians could use, but IIRC there are hopes for an Italian-focused module down the line. ;)

i second this. A ground based Solothurn or two hidden in the hills could make for a really interesting scenario, especially using some triggers for them moving about and re-positioning. The Soviet AT rifles are basically just annoyances in most cases, but a 20mm gun could be really damaging to a cavalry or mechanized formation, particularly the early ones that entered Sicily.

5 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

Well, I think the G43s are over supplied in CMBN...In RL, it relatively Rare and usually only one is assigned to an Inf Platoon.

That depends on where and when you look, e.g.:

Kriegsgliederung der 320.Volks-Grenadier-Division    

(Stand: 01.01.1945)

I. Deutsche Waffen
(in Kriegsgliederung nicht eingezeichnet)

4.869 x Karabiner 98 k
2.030 x Karabiner 43
54 x Zielfernrohrgewehre
300 x Maschinenpistolen (i)
7 x Maschinenpistolen 40
1.155 x Sturmgewehre
1.730 x Pistolen
457 x Gewehrgranatgeräte[/quote]

This may be one of the more extreme examples, but I can find quite a few examples of divisions in '44 - '45 with hundreds, or even 1000+ self-loading rifles.  Here is an earlier example:

Kriegsgliederung 352.Infanterie-Division
Stand: 01.02.1944

Kopfstärke: 9.934 + 515 Hiwi

Waffenlage:
Karabiner 98k: 9.154
Zielfernrohrgewehre: 145
Gewehr 41: 395
Gewehr-Granat-Gerät: 489
Maschinenpistolen: 591
Pistolen: 2.488

BA MA RH 20-7/136

Edited by akd