Any news about CMFI 4.0 release

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/5/2017 at 8:05 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Now that all of the Upgrade 4 stuff is out of the way, especially the Italian stuff, we are now full attention on Rome to Victory until it is done.  A couple of months for sure, almost all of which are scenario creating, balancing, and rebalancing.  The rest of the stuff (models, textures, and even the TO&E) is pretty much good to go.

Steve

Well, it looks like that we should wait two months more at least for play Rome to Victory module. I think that I can wait (not, really it will be so hard). Steve, do you have plans for a  pre-order, publishing the game manual or release a demo as happened in BS and FB?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2017 at 8:05 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Now that all of the Upgrade 4 stuff is out of the way, especially the Italian stuff, we are now full attention on Rome to Victory until it is done.  A couple of months for sure, almost all of which are scenario creating, balancing, and rebalancing.  The rest of the stuff (models, textures, and even the TO&E) is pretty much good to go.

Steve

After these two months, what's the development status of Rome to Victory module? Not asking for a release date but will it be release soon? This Summer? Fall?...

Thanks.

Now when there are so many games and each has their own forum it is challenging to follow them all.
Would it be possible to have some Announcement forum or such which would have posts from Battlefront announcing new products?

Maybe it could also have info about long term plans and discussion about it.
This way it would be easy for people to check what is happening even if they are not checking forums every week.

Edited by SlowMotion

Wow, thanks for the news, Steve. Sadly looks like that Rome to Victory will suffer delay but I just hope that Chris will be all right soon and he can go back to work in new projects.
Crossing fingers for the dev team finish the module as soon as possible. I'd like to play with all those new and exotic units.

On 7/14/2017 at 1:46 PM, DougPhresh said:

In the Lend-Lease thread under CMRT you'll find just that!

Here's the pertinent part posted 9-July-2017

"As for announcing what is coming out and when... well, we're working on that.  With Chris gone it's put a bit of a wrinkle in our plans.  Nothing is getting cut, but things might not be coming out in the order we had intended.  In the works right now are:

1.  CMFI Rome to Victory (2nd and final Module for CMFI)

2.  CMRT Module One (yet to be named, but takes the game through to the end of the war)

3.  CMSF2 which brings the original content into the current Engine 4 environment

We have several other things being worked on this year, but the above are the three we're focusing on at the moment.

Steve"

And more posted 10-July

"Sadly, Rome To Victory is the one project most affected by Chris' departure because it was unusually dependent upon his scenario work for the campaign.  Usually we have the work more dispersed, but this one was mostly on him.  Which probably contributed to the burn out.  We're VERY far along in many ways, but the content is still in need of quite a bit of work.

Steve"

Edited by Badger73
update

See middle of page 3 in CMRT Lend-Lease stuff coming soon thread. 

On 7/6/2017 at 9:44 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Not sure how the news came here about Chris' departure.  That only became official last week.  So here's the official scoop...

As of last week Chris is on a leave of absence due to burn out.  Anybody who has ever worked remotely, without the daily routine interactions with Humans (or close equivalents!), knows that it's easy to do.  Especially for something like game development.  Very, very few people are wired to handle it long term.  Unfortunately, Chris is in the majority on this one :( 

Burnout is pretty normal for the games industry, even when working in an office environment.  No matter how laid back management is, the work is intense and comes with a fair amount of pressure.  The fact that we've never had anybody work for us for less than 5 years is pretty damned good.  Chris was at the 5 year mark, plus a couple of years of part time work before that.

It's uncertain if Chris can, or even should, rejoin us on a full time basis.  His heart wants to, for sure.  My hope is that eventually he can return to work with Combat Mission on a part time project basis.  As you all know, he's pretty much kick arse and will be sorely missed.  I can also confirm that he's 10 times more awesome as an employee than he is a content creator.

I'm offline for a few days, so no follow ups from me for a bit.  The above pretty much speaks for itself anyway.

Steve

Then see top of page 5 in that same thread

Sadly, Rome To Victory is the one project most affected by Chris' departure because it was unusually dependent upon his scenario work for the campaign.  Usually we have the work more dispersed, but this one was mostly on him.  Which probably contributed to the burn out.  We're VERY far along in many ways, but the content is still in need of quite a bit of work.

Steve

1 hour ago, Thewood1 said:

It would be nice if this stuff didn't get buried in other forums in the middle of unrelated threads.

Why? what business is it of ours who works for whom.

1 hour ago, Thewood1 said:

Is it just Steve and Charles now?

Nope. I don't really know who or how many (see above) but in addition to their full time staff and people working on contracts there is also a significant number of volunteer testers.

It is sad to see people we like moving on or unable to continue contributing but BFC have never have posted a staff list so I would not worry about the comings and goings - there is more behind the scenes people than public facing ones.

"Why? what business is it of ours who works for whom."

I meant the possible delay and discussion about whats next.  I really don't give a crap about internal HR issues at BFC, to the extent it doesn't impact releasing new products.  And it appears in Steve's own words it does impact that, as I, or anyone else who runs a business, would expect.

"BFC have never have posted a staff list so I would not worry about the comings and goings"

I was thinking about this comment last night and recalled this...

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1005&Itemid=257

It was obviously updated a few years ago because it has Phil.  So they used to post one, just not updated in the last few years.

I wouldn't say I worried about BFC staff, but as I stated, I consider it when wondering about new product releases and whether to consider the accuracy of previous statements made under different staff conditions. 

Edited by Thewood1