Any news about CMFI 4.0 release

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

The system itself has its limitations and so there's always going to be room for improvement.  However, relatively speaking the Auto Picker should be much better than it ever has been.

One reason it works "better" for the Allies is the Allies have a lot less variety of stuff with less wide a range in capabilities.  Think of it like the Germans having 4 great picks, 4 questionable picks, and 2 bad picks to choose from, whereas the Allies might have 6 great picks 3 questionable picks, and 1 bad pick.  Odds are simply in favor of coming up with a more appropriate force for the Allies.  And if you think about it, that somewhat reflects reality.  The Germans often had to make do with stuff that really wasn't suited for the mission because that's what they had.  The famous example of this were the use of King Tigers by KG Peiper.  Totally unsuited for the terrain and weather.  Peiper didn't even want the KTs.  But Peiper was subjected to a historical form of "auto picker" and had to live with the results.  CM players can always restart ;)

Glad to hear that it has been improved, I use it for the brief time that I have to play a small battle. You have a good point with the KG Peiper. It raises the question though; what does a 'Mix' force mean exactly? In my imagination it meant part infantry + part armor. What you describe for KG Peiper could be called a 'Historically Random' force. Would there be no infantry around these King Tigers at all?

My personal aim for a quick battle force is at least 1 tank with at least 25 infantry. The rest can be whatever. Otherwise things get tedious and prolonged. Either the Armor cannot recon enemy positions or the infantry has no mobile heavy support. Usually there is armor in the force. I am not sure if I ever got 100% infantry in a Engine 4 Mix force game. So that is good. But I still hope for a >=25 infantry check added to the 'Mix' force auto-picker.

Restarting is not much of a problem in case you don't like your own force, but preferably the enemy force is an unknown to the player that has to be discovered through playing.

Edited by Kevin2k

On 4/15/2017 at 7:09 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Honestly, if this is the biggest thing that people have to gripe about... I'm thinking things are pretty good :D

Steve

Ahh...Not so fast, my Master...This Grasshopper has some questions...Some of these things below are in need of attention to determine if needs fixing, adjusting, etc in a future patch:

- Many times an Infantry Squad will have a couple guys left behind during movement. 

- Units leaving cover to early when receiving Fire...ex; Small Arms and Arty forcing Enemy Infantry to leave Foxholes, entrenchments to early.

- Small Arms like the Bar, Bren, and other Squad Automatic Mag fed Weapons firing only Single Rounds (instead of Bursts) starting from around the 150 to 200 meters. 

- And ofcourse, the standard General Patch fixes. 

Edited by JoMc67

19 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

No announcement for ETA yet, but it is the next thing that we will release.

Steve

Nice to hear that Steve. Now, I hope that you can to clear my doubts.  I'm not asking for an exact ETA, but can you tell us if the work is mostly done, or on the other hand,  BF team will need a few months for do finish it?
Will it have a preorder,  or will it be directly put for purchase in the shop?

Thanks.

On 20/4/2017 at 8:22 PM, Battlefront.com said:

AFAIK only Flamethrowers are new.  I thought Pak43 was in Gustav Line, but I might be mistaken.

Oh!  And I keep forgetting to mention that CMFI now has "Supply Unit" options just like the other games.  This was something we added after Engine 3 so it's the first time we had a chance to get it into CMFI.

Steve

Why no Flamethrowers or supply units for Italians?

1 hour ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

I think we'll need to wait for an Italian Unit pack before we see that, tons of stuff to give the Italians that FI doesn't have, like flame assault units, Paras, ground based AA and solothurn. and the M14 of course. but none of these where in Sicily in 43, so did not wiggle into the initial FI release, well maybe the flamethrowers and AA where there but CM at the time didn't support them.

20 hours ago, Jumpete said:

Nice to hear that Steve. Now, I hope that you can to clear my doubts.  I'm not asking for an exact ETA, but can you tell us if the work is mostly done, or on the other hand,  BF team will need a few months for do finish it?

Thanks.

The beta team its still recovering from shell shock from beating that TO&E into submission :-)   (Note that I'm specifically not giving any kind of answer to the question   :-)  )

7 hours ago, Cobetco said:

I think we'll need to wait for an Italian Unit pack before we see that, tons of stuff to give the Italians that FI doesn't have, like flame assault units, Paras, ground based AA and solothurn. and the M14 of course. but none of these where in Sicily in 43, so did not wiggle into the initial FI release, well maybe the flamethrowers and AA where there but CM at the time didn't support them.

Yes, but now FI has it and the Italians still don't. It's not fair to give all the nations FT and supply units and hold that content for the Italians just to beef up a future pack. Supply units would cost them just a couple of lines of code, they don't even need a new model like with the FT.

Edited by Ivan Zaitzev

2 hours ago, Cobetco said:

There was a fair bit of variety to Italian forces in Sicily that still isn't represented. Captured equipment was fairly common, French machineguns and Polish Wz. 35 anti-tank rifles off the top of my head.

16 hours ago, Ultradave said:

The beta team its still recovering from shell shock from beating that TO&E into submission :-)   (Note that I'm specifically not giving any kind of answer to the question   :-)  )

I don't believe that the tester team continue in shock for the TO&E rework. IMO I believe that all the work done is an advantage now for release the module soon. Also, BF team is working on it since one year and half ago, in 2015 Xmas bone, ChrisND spoke officially about the project for first time, and the work had started little time before. After this, in Summer'16 they gave us news, the team was very busy working on TO&E's. (http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119457-beyond-gustav-line/?page=2)
Here (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19156.0) we can read that FI module will be release short time after BS battle pack, wich was launched last Friday. For all these evidences, I suspect that the wait won't be very long, but always the official info is welcome.

Edited by Jumpete

7 hours ago, Jumpete said:

I don't believe that the tester team continue in shock for the TO&E rework. IMO I believe that all the work done is an advantage now for release the module soon. Also, BF team is working on it since one year and half ago, in 2015 Xmas bone, ChrisND spoke officially about the project for first time, and the work had started little time before. After this, in Summer'16 they gave us news, the team was very busy working on TO&E's. (http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119457-beyond-gustav-line/?page=2)
Here (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19156.0) we can read that FI module will be release short time after BS battle pack, wich was launched last Friday. For all these evidences, I suspect that the wait won't be very long, but always the official info is welcome.

I'm ON the beta test team. It was a joke.

Which also means I can't say anything. :-)

17 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Ah, I see BFC made the 'official' announcement for CMFI v4.0 on the product website a few days ago. If you're reading this thread there's nothing for you to see there. You already know what there is to know.

"These aren't the Droids your Looking for"..."Move along"

On 4/21/2017 at 2:01 PM, JoMc67 said:

Ahh...Not so fast, my Master...This Grasshopper has some questions...Some of these things below are in need of attention to determine if needs fixing, adjusting, etc in a future patch:

- Many times an Infantry Squad will have a couple guys left behind during movement. 

- Units leaving cover to early when receiving Fire...ex; Small Arms and Arty forcing Enemy Infantry to leave Foxholes, entrenchments to early.

- Small Arms like the Bar, Bren, and other Squad Automatic Mag fed Weapons firing only Single Rounds (instead of Bursts) starting from around the 150 to 200 meters. 

- And ofcourse, the standard General Patch fixes. 

None of that is CMFI specific and is the sort of thing that needs to be explored in excruciatingly boring detail to separate perceptions from reality, corner cases from general behavior, things which are terrain specific from those which aren't, etc.  People have been debating/complaining about such details for 10 years now, so I don't expect we'll ever get on the other side of it :D  We will try though!

On 4/21/2017 at 7:42 PM, Jumpete said:

Now that all of the Upgrade 4 stuff is out of the way, especially the Italian stuff, we are now full attention on Rome to Victory until it is done.  A couple of months for sure, almost all of which are scenario creating, balancing, and rebalancing.  The rest of the stuff (models, textures, and even the TO&E) is pretty much good to go.

On 4/22/2017 at 1:59 PM, Ivan Zaitzev said:

Supply units was an oversight as I had simply moved the US, Commonwealth, and German ones over from CMBN.  There are no Italian units in Normandy so that explains that!  As for flamethrowers, it was a late decision to include them "for free" and we didn't think we had enough time to make the model and textures necessary for the Italian one.  Turns out we did, but that's hindsight for you!  I would like to get that added in as a "freebie" for Rome to Victory, also accessible to people with the Base Game.

Steve