Stuff that happens in game that makes you go "WTF?"

BlackMoria

2 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Really? Or are you just being hyperbolic? I have never seen one fly a loop, although they do indeed fly a high arc, which is handy if trees are in the way but you can still see and take aim at a target on the other side.

Michael

Definitely sarcastic hyperbole! I don't know of any missile that is that maneouvrable! Though I am a big fan of the spirally corkscrews that the Vikhr flies. :)

On 2/1/2017 at 6:45 AM, BlackMoria said:

We all had those "WTF?" moments.  Some are comical.  Some are rage inducing 'want to punch your fist through the screen of the computer" moments.   Let's hear your favorite 'WTF?" moments.

This is the most recent one for me.   Scenario is First Clash - I am playing blue against the AI.  It is 3/4 way through the scenario.  For 20 minutes, I am looking at a T-90 with two Bradleys which are in a treeline, but the T-90 is out of range of the TOW-2 according to the Target line of sight.  Range is about 3800 m.  Which explains why the Bradleys don't fire at the T-90.  And the T-90 doesn't appear to have spotted the two Bradleys as he isn't firing at them.

I am out of precision rounds so I opt for a point attack artillery mission with 3 tubes of 155 on the T-90 to take him out or force him to move.  The T-90 sits unconcerned through an artillery adjustment.  Now comes Fire for Effect.  The first salvo of three rounds are very close but you would imagine some supression is going on.  There is now smoke from the HE going off around the T-90.  So reduced visibility is coming into play.   On the second salvo, I get a direct hit on the T-90 with one round, a second round right beside the tank.  Seconds later, the T-90 fires at one of the two spotting Bradleys and kills it.  After not seeing this Bradley the entire 20 minutes, suddenly the tank sees and fires and kills at Bradley in a treeline at 3.8 km, while obscured by dust and smoke from two salvos of artillery on it position and after taking a 155 round to turret, whichi is certain to put heavy suppression on the crew.   WTF?  Seriously?

And to add insult to injury, the T-90 just sits there (it may have been immoblized).  The third salvo of 155 rounds comes in and the tank gets hit again.  Again, no kill on the tank.  And the T-90 seconds later fires and kills the second Bradley.  WTF!!??  SERIOUSLY??

At this point, I want to put my fist through my computer screen.  Regrettably, this was being played in RT mode, not WEGO, so I have no game save of the turn to examine.

Bug?  Possibly.   The T-90 didn't see the Bradleys for 20 minutes as he didn't fire yet he responded with a shot at each just after being hit by an artillery round, which as a minimum, should have put some serious suppression on the gunner.  And the tank was very hard to see due to smoke effects from the HE rounds going off around the tank, so spotting should have been degraded as well.  

So, it was a major WTF moment for me.  I can laugh about it now as the circumstances are so ridiculous one can't help laugh of the absurdity of the event.

So, what is your WTF moment?

Yep, have a lot of these moments. The tank crew, being elite troops, were probably just taking a quick nap in the midst of battle and you went and woke them up...