Unit Portraits mod for CMFB?

On 1/30/2017 at 0:46 PM, Aragorn2002 said:

I know Mord made unit portraits mods for CMRT, CMFI and CMRT, but I wonder whether there's also one for CMFB around? I've checked CMMODs III, so I don't think so, but perhaps I'm wrong. I would love to have one for CMFB too.

Nothing specific, but much is reusable.  I haven't tried yet, but I am pretty certain CMBN ones would work just fine. 

9 hours ago, SchnelleMeyer said:

Could probably do some up, - What style do you like for portraits?  - Photoreal or drawings?

Thank you! I would like drawings with the divisional insignia in the background, in the same style as Mord made them for the other games. I would be especially happy with the Panzer- and Volksgrenadierdivisions. Perhaps you can use these:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=112&art_id=3568

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:05 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm not sure. I've tried it just now, but they don't turn up.

It works.  I've been using Mord/DC's CMBN portrait mods with Juju's interface since CMFB's release.

Unfortunately, Mord has been MIA from these boards for almost a year and thus there isn't a CMFB specific portrait mod.

This is something I bemoaned in another thread due my being a huge fan of the Mord/DC portrait mods and there being gaps in the American OOB because the CMBN mod doesn't include the divisions that arrived in the ETO after October 1944.  So, a CMFB specific portrait mod is sorely missed. 

Wonder what happened to Mord?

Here that other thread on this same subject which is still on the first page:

I've just sent Mord a pm. Not that I think it will result in a portraits mod for CMFB,  but why not show some concern for such a gifted modder who gave us so much. After all there are more important things in life than a mod for a game. I hope he's doing well and is just taking a well deserved rest, like Kohlenklau. These guys put a lot of energy and time in making the games even better and a burnout can be  the result.

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I've just sent Mord a pm. Not that I think it will result in a portraits mod for CMFB,  but why not show some concern for such a gifted modder who gave us so much. After all there are more important things in life than a mod for a game. I hope he's doing well and is just taking a well deserved rest, like Kohlenklau. These guys put a lot of energy and time in making the games even better and a burnout can be  the result.

+1  Mord did a lot of xnt mod work from the early days of CM2 which was/is much appreciated.  In addition to modders who have vanished, it seems that most of us players from the old days are no longer here either.  :(     I thought we'd lost Aris recently.  But, he seems to have revived for another set of vehicle mods.  :)

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

+1  Mord did a lot of xnt mod work from the early days of CM2 which was/is much appreciated.  In addition to modders who have vanished, it seems that most of us players from the old days are no longer here either.  :(     I thought we'd lost Aris recently.  But, he seems to have revived for another set of vehicle mods.  :)

I  think once CM has entered one's blood, it is hard to get rid of it again, Erwin. Sooner or later most modders will return to it. Firstly because there's simply no alternative  to this great series, secondly because in a sense they are artists and artists need to create.

I can understand burn-out issues.  I couldn't face playing CM for a few months and went to Grigsby's WITPAE.  But, just picked up my Ardennes campaign (mission #5 Stoumont) and having fun again.  Am appreciating the v4.0 improvements.

Have noticed some weirdness:  I had a full strength Fallshirm squad but the "Combine Squad" command was active.  So, natch I tried it.  The command turned the squad from a three column squad to a two column squad.  ie:  I can no longer divide it into 3 teams, only two larger teams - despite it being a full strength unit.

Another time, a unit's waypoints showed "HIDE" at every waypoint and I couldn't get rid of that without deleting all waypoints and starting the waypoint orders again.

Unsure if these are bugs or not.

Edited by Erwin