Recent combat vids from Ukraine

26th of June during counter-battery fire ajustment, Ukrainian UAV spotted Russian EW stations Torn-MDM and R-330Zh Zhytel, covered under mask net in Mayorove village (old name Krasnyi Oktiabr) approx in 10 km form frontline and Ukrainain position in Hranitne. From the range of 14 km, the single 2S1 has opened fire, having targeting via UAV  and crowdfund-developed fire control system "Kropyva". The second shell hit deirectly. SP-howitzer fired 11 shells, most of them hit target area. Torn-MDM was destroyed, R-330 probably damaged. These stations usually work as pair. Torn makes express-analysys of frequencies and signal emmition sourses direction finding on the range 30-70 km and R-330Zh after it makes final type of sygnal determaination and supress it on the range 20-25 km

Torn can be identified by small square superstructure on the van - it is clear seen even under camo net.

650x257.jpg

Edited by Haiduk

11 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

For once I can agree with you there.....Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.  :rolleyes:

Rotflmao. Yeah that is pretty much true of all of us. Gawd the number of times I’ll wished I’d listened to my wife to shut my trap. At the time I always excuse it as her Japanese wish to avoid conflict and afterwards realized, no she was just right. Sigh with old age is SUPPOSED to come wisdom. Maybe I am the exception to the rule. 

Edited by sburke

• 2 months later...

Summer of 2019. Possybly Svitlodarsk bulge area. Intensive fire for suppressing of enemy position - several days ago Ukrainian position was shelled from there and one soldier was killed. This is retaliation from 54th brigade and it's UAV reckon group K-2.

273 meters to the enemy. Interestling detail - 120 mm mortar deployed directly on "zero line", no in the rear as usual. The minimal range of firing is 482 m, but the gunner put the shell in the barrel without any additional charges, which attach to the tail. Thus, only inner igniter charge uses, in order to reduce minimal firing range. Such firing mode isn't provided by mortar's field manual - the smallest 1st charge provides igniter charge+one additional charge.

Leftward from operator,  HMG shots.

Edited by Haiduk

I wonder whether the Russians and the Ukrainians were, or will be, playing football on no-man's land during the Christmas and New Years Eve, like was being done during the world wars? Maybe they even sing songs to each other, send each other alcohol and cigarettes on a stream of water or shout things like "Hey Ivan, how's your mother nowadays? Does she still suck your dick on Fridays?" or similar things. Any videos showing things like that or is it only videos of shooting and bombing in this thread?

Edited by Anxel Torrente

6 hours ago, Anxel Torrente said:

I wonder whether the Russians and the Ukrainians were, or will be, playing football on no-man's land

There were two such episodes. Both led to Ukraininan troopers too much relaxed and were massacred in next weeks after this unappropriate fraternization.

Edited by Haiduk

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Oleg said:

Dont know if already posted, but here some decently clear video from operator of BTR-4 shooting

Yes, shooting at civilian buildings from which no fire has been received.....Very classy, very classy indeed.  :rolleyes:

Waffen SS ROE again was it? 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

@Oleg, you're new to the forum. Stop making the forum another venue of Ukrainian propaganda. Or at least post a funny side of it :D Like an OFFICIAL (sic!) statement of Ukrainian command that one of the recent shelling of civilian zone by Ukrainian forces duly noted by OSCE mission didn't happen IRL. Ukrainian command claims a group of saboteurs from the other side infiltrated separation zone hauling with them heavy artillery ordinance (!), buried them underground (!) and then simulated shelling by exploding them.

3 hours ago, Oleg said:

Russian forces shooting AGS from the window of civ apartment.

@Oleg, you're kind of using to your advantage the fact that most of the people here don't speak Russian. The video is an interview with locals saying that UKR forces are shelling apartment houses. And here are UKR forces positions inside residential disticts.

image65346538097089.jpg

_93930055_037641210-1.jpg

2%20(403).jpg

1559663644_vsukro11.jpg

Edited by IMHO

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yes, shooting at civilian buildings from which no fire has been received.....Very classy, very classy indeed.  :rolleyes:

Hmmm how do you know "no fire" was received from there? Were you there?

Your next statement seems to be trolling...

I think Oleg's follow up video was aimed at this inflammatory response...

FYI I was upset watching that video of people's homes being shot up but then if Russia had not invaded Ukraine that would not be happening. War destroys people's lives and the people who wage it are mere pawns of those that decide what is best in their national interest...

The good thing about this thread (if there is anything good about watching people throw lead at one another) is that it reminds people the consequences of war.

10 hours ago, Erwin said:

Well... that is the sort of SOP that CM2 teaches/trains us to do regardless of what nationality we are playing.  We ignore any thoughts that CM2 buildings have civilians.  

CM is very flexible in this regard.  Any building (or group of buildings) can be made a preserve objective.  This is probably most often done with Mosques in CMSF2 but can be done with any building in any CM title.  So all a scenario designer has to do is say in the briefing that the ROE does not allow for the destruction of the apartment buildings on the north edge of town and assign them as preserve objectives.  The player can ignore the ROE and shoot them up but will suffer the loss of VP points. :)  

That's is a good feature of CM2 and I often wish that designers wold give larger penalties for damaging buildings, (and also for friendly losses as well as ammo depletion) - especially for western forces which seem to suffer more political fall-out for wanton destruction than the Russians (or so we are told).

Nonetheless, we as gamers will happily destroy a "preserve" objective and take the win thru the resulting easier destruction of the enemy especially if that helps save friendly livesOften, the destruction of preserve objectives has negligible if any negative effect on players' scores is what I am pointing out.  And that means that if this were a RL training tool it could teach the "wrong" lessons - unless you had a trainer standing over you hitting you with a stick (or some other penalty) every time you damaged a preserve objective (simulating hurting civilians).

18 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Vuhlehirsk 2015. Debaltsevo operation

"Use HE... If something, raze fu...k to ground this building". Separatists tankers shot out residual building, from which no fire have been received. Very classy.

The same episode, but from other point. Russian journalist claims "fighters of Right Sector and Azov batatlion are occupied floors of this building". Well, I also have heard about Polish snipers in that building %) Vuhlehirsk defended only one army company, with suport of three tanks, MT-12 platoon and 9P149 platoon. Their last stand was in building of old scholl with tough walls. So, what RS/Azov fighters shot out rushist's tank I don't know. Looks like Russian propaganda needed episod of "action", when the battle already was over, so separ's tank worked for staged video and shot out the building.    

Edited by Haiduk