License key for 4.0 Upgrade

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks Steve! My frustration is not with you but with lack of computer knowledge! I tried what you said but still does not work...when I downloaded the bundle I only chose to download one at a time...I did not download the CM Red Thunder 2.00 Full just the CM Red Thunder 4 Upgrade. Is that part of my problem? Do I need to install both?

50 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

Steve

I don't have the "Activate New Products link " anywhere on my computer or its called something else, this for CMFB, you are handling my original ticket.

Ron

Hi Ron!  I have your ticket open in front of me and half filled out, so I'll instead offer the advice here so it can hopefully help you and others.

Go to your Desktop, right click on the Desktop itself, select NEW->SHORTCUT, use BROWSE to locate your CMFB EXE.  The location is then written out.  After it paste in this:

-showui

To be on the safe side, make sure there is a space between what Windows filled in and this new bit.  Click NEXT and give your new Shortcut a name (doesn't matter what).  Confirm that and you're done.  Double click on the new Shortcut and you should be prompted to license.  Enter in your new Upgrade 4 license key and see what happens.

43 minutes ago, jpratt88 said:

Hey thanks Steve! My frustration is not with you but with lack of computer knowledge! I tried what you said but still does not work...when I downloaded the bundle I only chose to download one at a time...I did not download the CM Red Thunder 2.00 Full just the CM Red Thunder 4 Upgrade. Is that part of my problem? Do I need to install both?

You did everything fine so far!  You just need to go into your CMRT folder and find the Activate New Products shortcut, double click on that (with the game not running), and enter whichever license key you did not enter the first time.  I think you entered your original key so you should enter your Upgrade 4 key this time.

Steve

Hey Steve I have tried exactly what you said and still is not recognizing my Licensing key...and as soon as it sends me to CMRT opening page it tells me License failure. I bought the bundle and only downloaded the CM Red Thunder upgrade 4 windows. none of the other programs...i am having no luck...my order number is 00310401

19 minutes ago, jpratt88 said:

Hey Steve I have tried exactly what you said and still is not recognizing my Licensing key...and as soon as it sends me to CMRT opening page it tells me License failure. I bought the bundle and only downloaded the CM Red Thunder upgrade 4 windows. none of the other programs...i am having no luck...my order number is 00310401

Ah!  You are one of the guys that ordered very early when there was a licensing communication problem.  I tried to find all the ones that had been left out of the loop, but I figured I'd miss a few.  Yours was indeed missed and therefore totally unhooked!  I fixed you up so you can try again.

Sorry, the CMRT thing threw me at first because that one trips up people even if they had an active Upgrade 4 key.

Steve

28 minutes ago, ramponiere said:

I got an invalid serial number in the activate new products screen, in CMBN (not tried neither RT nor FB). But I've copy and paste  both the serial that you sent via mail and that on the purchase history in my account ( that obviously are the same but safety first). Oh my order is  00310419

I looked into this and I see a successful reactivation of Engine 3 with your Upgrade 3 key and nothing for Upgrade 4.  I checked your Upgrade 4 license key and it's set up correctly.  It does not show any attempts to use it.  The code in your screenshot here is nothing I recognize.  Maybe you are using the wrong code?  I do not want to paste it into this post, so I will PM you with it to confirm.

Steve

3 hours ago, JUAN DEAG said:

@Battlefront.com

I tried to make the shortcut but the command prompt will not open. I turned off Windows Defender but nothing changed.

Hmm.  I'm a Mac guy and so I am not able to test my instructions to see if I botched them.  I'll pass this off to the testers and see if they can improve upon my instructions or see if they can find a reason for it not working.

3 hours ago, jpratt88 said:

Hey thanks Steve! That worked except now I cannot view the individual weapons in the squad weapons area and Im showing an icon for Russian tanks but no tank...does this mean that I am going to have to uninstall and then reinstall?

Yup, sounds like you are missing a BRZ file.  This can happen sometimes with the larger ZIP files and certain ZIP programs (or versions of programs).  Best thing to do is pop open the archive and compare it against your  Data folder's contents.  I'm guessing you will see at lest one BRZ in your ZIP file that is not in your Data folder.  Just move in whatever is missing and you should be good to go.

We've found that Bandizip works for large archives without any trouble!

Steve

Hey Steve, I have the same problem as jpratt88. Bought the mega-bundle, but only downloaded the smaller upgrade 4 files for the WWII titles. For RT I used the activate utility with the game "off", tried both the original and Mega-bundle keys, and get the "Success" notice, but when I press Play, I get the red box notice that the key is invalid.

With FB, same procedure, only I have only tried it with the Mega-bundle key.

Didn't bother trying Normandy, because I didn't feel like becoming Einstein's definition of insanity. ;-)

I'll start a ticket unless you have a quick fix or other advice.

Thanks!

Edit:  Ticket started

Edited by mjkerner
new info

I am having the same problem as J Pratt. I have reinstalled CM Normandy, but I cannot run the game. Everything up to 3.0 is installed. I have installed 4.0 in my Game Files section for CMBN. I then ran the execute for it from there. When I run CMBN the computer says I need use the installer to implement base game version 4.0. When I try to use the serial number you gave me, the installer says that the number is invalid. What do I do?

To note I have checked my date files and I do have one file that says Normandy v400.brz

Edited by wlmiv
more information

I used my original licensing and then I did 3.0.

I have 3.12 installed. I am valid with everything through 3.0. When I run the game it says that I have 4.0 installed. However when I go to use the installer I am told that my license key for 4.0 remains invalid!

Edited by wlmiv
more information

Here is some information that might help people.

The licensing software in a specific EXE hardcoded to communicate with a specific database on the licensing server.  It can not check other databases, only the one it is instructed to check.  Some improvements in the licensing system allowed us to create new "cross platform" databases instead of having separate ones for Mac and PC. 

Using CMBN as an example, you can have a 100% functional CMBN v3.12 and then have it not function when upgraded to v4.00.  That is because the Upgrade EXE might use a different database.  This is for sure true for the MacOS version, though the Windows version should be fine.

Therefore, if you have entered your Upgrade 4 license key and the game says it is not registered the first thing you should do is use Activate New Products link to enter in your old license keys.

For sure people need to do this for CMRT (both platforms), CMBN (Mac), and eventually CMFI (both platforms).  CMBS and CMFB should be fine because the original games and the Upgrade 4 EXEs use the same database.

Hopefully that helps a bit more ;)

Steve

I had 3.12 installed. All of my upgrades are green in the activation area to 3.0. after installing version 4.0. When I run the game it says that I have 4.0 installed but I am told I must validate 4.0. However when I go to use the installer I am told that my license key for 4.0 remains invalid!

Edited by wlmiv
clarification

17 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Hey Steve, I have the same problem as jpratt88. Bought the mega-bundle, but only downloaded the smaller upgrade 4 files for the WWII titles. For RT I used the activate utility with the game "off", tried both the original and Mega-bundle keys, and get the "Success" notice, but when I press Play, I get the red box notice that the key is invalid.

With FB, same procedure, only I have only tried it with the Mega-bundle key.

Didn't bother trying Normandy, because I didn't feel like becoming Einstein's definition of insanity. ;-)

I'll start a ticket unless you have a quick fix or other advice.

Thanks!

Edit:  Ticket started

And ticket closed :)  Another example of the early orders which didn't register keys into the database and wasn't spotted by me when I tried to mass fix the problem.

Steve

35 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Here is some information that might help people.

The licensing software in a specific EXE hardcoded to communicate with a specific database on the licensing server.  It can not check other databases, only the one it is instructed to check.  Some improvements in the licensing system allowed us to create new "cross platform" databases instead of having separate ones for Mac and PC. 

Using CMBN as an example, you can have a 100% functional CMBN v3.12 and then have it not function when upgraded to v4.00.  That is because the Upgrade EXE might use a different database.  This is for sure true for the MacOS version, though the Windows version should be fine.

Therefore, if you have entered your Upgrade 4 license key and the game says it is not registered the first thing you should do is use Activate New Products link to enter in your old license keys.

For sure people need to do this for CMRT (both platforms), CMBN (Mac), and eventually CMFI (both platforms).  CMBS and CMFB should be fine because the original games and the Upgrade 4 EXEs use the same database.

Hopefully that helps a bit more ;)

Steve

Hi Steve, I just tried this procedure with CMBN (no luck last night trying and re-trying CMBN, CMRT and CMFB).  I put in every license key I have for every BN product in the Activate New Product utility--I have every module and pack--and in some cases I'd get the Success notice, then when the game loaded, I got the Red Box of Death.  The last attempt was the 4.0 license key, and I didn't even get to the load screen, the activation box just said it was an invalid key.  I did start a ticket last night but I assume John or whomever is at the desk is swamped--haven't heard anything yet.  I involuntarily installed Windows 10 (don't ask, but I put a price on the CEO's head) a couple of months ago. You mentioned above somewhere that that could be a problem. I did not bother downloading the full installs, btw, just the upgrade because the download times were astronomical, and I assumed I shouldn't need them.  Anyhoo, I'm wasting your time here but just wanted to let you know that like wlmiv and jpratt88, I have the same problems with all WWII titles and I have tried every combination of suggestions above so far with no joy.

And sorry you guys are having such a headache with this release...no good deed goes unpunished, I guess!

P.S.  The good news is I am now re-enjoying FI-GL which I haven't played in about a year!

Edited by mjkerner