License key for 4.0 Upgrade

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, General Liederkranz said:

I'm also having a problem with CMBN, but not quite the same one--it just won't activate in the first place, whether I use the base game code or the upgrade code. CMRT works perfectly by entering the base game code.

Me too?

1 hour ago, snarre said:

what is difrense whit thous downloadable file , one is 3 giga and one is around 76 mb ? 

One is a full installer, one is a mini installer to take an existing version to the new standard.  You can download either one, but most people can just go with the small one.  In the future people will be using the Full Installer more (moving to new computers, bad harddrives, etc.).

If any of you CMBN guys are Mac users, please try again!  A few switches weren't flipped for you guys until about a half hour ago.  You will have to relicense as the move puts you in a happier place, but one that doesn't know who the heck you are :D

Steve

Yeah! CMBN all working now,  

Have a peaceful stress free crimbo.

Edit:

Spoke to soon - Sucessfully activated 4.0 but It's stripped out the Battle Pack scenarios (they are there but greyed out)... And looking at the Battle Pack installer it was built in with 3.12 patch. So wary of reinstalling it on top of 4.0.

CMBN MacOS 3.12 Battle Pack Installer.pkg

Any suggestions to a way forward?

Edited by Wicky

@Battlefront.com

I am trying to license the CM:BS 4.0 upgrade after installing it and I found the 'Activate New Products - CMBS' but every time I try to open it flashes briefly and closes. I tried to run as administrator for both the game and the 'activate new products' and the red text on the game menu still appears. The program also looks like a command prompt and when I try to run as an administrator it says the publisher is Microsoft Windows.

Alright, can confirm everything is working fine now. I used the full 4-6 GB sized installers, uninstalled all of my CM games and started fresh. The 4.0 big bundle key worked on everything except CMRT which I then used my original key on and it worked. 

Am I correct in assuming my old campaign saves will no longer work?

Thanks again Battlefront, was great to wake up on Christmas to this. Hopefully a CMSF or CMA rebuild to 4.0 is in the works!

@JUAN DEAG I got that same flashing problem, but only when I tried to run as Admin. Just double clicking brang up the prompt. Can't think of what would be blocking it besides anti virus.

I had issues with CMBN, CMRT, and CMBS (Windows).  I was able to resolve my issues by running the "Activate New Products - CMXX" from the game folder for each individual game I patched, but CMRT for some reason, indicated incorrect serial number, I decided to try my Original serial number which came with the game and it worked, Patch 4 was activated.

Now back to the Eggnog, Merry Christmas!

Edited by RCE_Spr
Some one already posted simular fix, too much eggnog

OK, it seems that there's the usual "how many ways can Windows mess with us" situations :D  You can see by the amount of people saying "X works but not Y" and then people saying "Y works but not X" that we have ourselves some some fun!

First thing is first.  Some products do require reactivation by using the Activate New Products shortcut found inside the folder of the game in question.  Here are the known reactivations that can be counted on:

1.  CMBN v1 or v2 customers upgrading to 3 and 4 at the same time.  Modules will not work without relicensing
2.  CMRT customers need to relicense their original game again
3.  Mac CMBN customers have to relicense everything they had before, including Upgrade 3
4.  CMFI (when it is ready) will require everybody to relicense everything they’ve had before

That's probably a bunch of the issues seen above.

Those of you having problems running getting to the Activation Screen, the first suspect is your anti-virus software.  Lots of different ways that can mess with things.  Make sure to disable it when trying to do licensing (that's a standard suggestion).  Usually it doesn't get in the way, but it's all pretty wonky.  Sometimes people can license 2 games in a row and get shut down on the 3rd even though they all use the same code.  Who know why!

Right clicking on the EXE and selecting "Run as Administrator" can often work around Windows security issues that seemingly randomly nix something from running.

Give those suggestions a shot and see how it turns out.

Once I feel confident about offering a comprehensive set of suggestions I'll get it posted outside of this thread.

Steve

The service provided to the community is breathtaking and deserves our attention and gratitude. Battlefront, you guys are the best. Always giving us what we want, always ready to make things work, even when it's Christmas. Remember this, people. This is why we owe this company our loyalty and support.

Ok getting really frustrated...I cannot get CMRT to activate...I have entered the base game code and when I go the game it is still telling me that I need to activate the version 4! Now I did buy the bundle but only downloaded the CMRT part would that matter? Because looking over the folder it had everything from 2.o to 3.0 which I already have

2 hours ago, jpratt88 said:

Ok getting really frustrated...I cannot get CMRT to activate...I have entered the base game code and when I go the game it is still telling me that I need to activate the version 4! Now I did buy the bundle but only downloaded the CMRT part would that matter? Because looking over the folder it had everything from 2.o to 3.0 which I already have

It looks like you entered only one of the two keys, specifically your original key.  Use the Activate New Products link (in your CMRT folder) when the game isn't running and the Activation window will come up again.  This time enter your Upgrade 4 key.  That should do the trick.

Steve

9 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The service provided to the community is breathtaking and deserves our attention and gratitude. Battlefront, you guys are the best. Always giving us what we want, always ready to make things work, even when it's Christmas. Remember this, people. This is why we owe this company our loyalty and support.

Thanks, but it was our choice to release so close to Christmas and therefore our responsibility to make sure you guys were all up and running.  Of course we had planned on releasing much earlier, but the seemingly endless finishing touches were, er, seemingly endless :D

Steve