Armchair General praises Final Blitzkrieg

Oh dear. This is turning into a Limey nostalgia thread....

@ John Kettler  The key word in my previous comment was "sub". Most of our town centre post offices were like the ones that you describe. But sub post offices are located either on housing estates, or out in the country, and they always double as a local store. And in a few very rare cases are even located in the village pub. 

Can't do a Post office in a Pub, how about a pub in an active church.....It's one of my locals and it's pretty unique (there is only one other pub on consecrated ground in England):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mug_House

PS - Airfix don't do a 1/72 Sherman (wish they did) theirs is actually 1/76 and it's also twenty years older than I am!  :rolleyes:

With some effort you can make it look OK, here's mine:

AllDone_zps9fc556e6.jpg

M4A2 Sherman 'Cecilia', 1st Platoon, C Company, 1st Marine Medium Tank Batallion - Tarawa, 20th November 1943

There are exactly seven Airfix parts remaining on the model, the rest is scratch, spares or aftermarket.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I used to love browsing the 1:72 packs of Airfix infantry, with the beautiful box art.  In my part of Scotland, or maybe just among my friends, we used to call 1:72 soldiers "midgies".  I built dozens of Airfix models, but never painted any of them, it was all about the building for me.  Although the AFVs had a part to play in my various solo wargames, usually with copies of a couple of Donald Featherstone's books lying open which I had out on repeat loans from our local library - maybe "Solo Wargaming" and "Wargaming Airborne Operations".  I was 8, and I thought Featherstone was a god.  My battlefield was a reversed Subbuteo pitch laid over chipboard, with books underneath to form hills. 

Edited by Jock Tamson

On 3/4/2017 at 2:56 AM, AstroCat said:

Hire some more help, freelance contract or staff, invest...straight up. Do the P&L and figure it out.

I think Astrocat is right on a number of things especially on continuing to build community and awareness of the product. The way I found Battlefront was on piratebay over 10 years ago when I happened to spot a game called Combat Mission Afrika Korps. I had no idea what it was but the title sounded interesting. I've been a fan of the games ever since - but most will agree that's not exactly the way you want people finding or being introduced to your product. Definitely a stronger social media presence wouldn't hurt. I also get some of the worst looking "strategy" games being advertised on my facebook feed, games that don't hold a candle to Combat Mission in terms of depth and quality. It also doesn't help that since Star Wars Battlefront the official Battlefront page is now relegated to page 2 or three on Google.

One major quibble though, $20 bucks for a vehicle pack for a game (CMBN) you've already bought along with two expansion packs for is a bit too steep.