AD CMFB Terrain Mod

Hello All,

I have created a new terrain mod for CMFB, similar to my previous terrain mods for CM games. I've taken the various tiles provided by Battlefront and recolored them to provide a more unified color scheme, focusing on a realistic look with subtle variations between the various tiles. One of the biggest changes you will find is that October and November are far more "green" then the base game. All the pictures I could find online of Germany in the fall show a significant amount of greenery still present, even into November. December is a much more traditional look, with a very brown, dead look. Snow terrain has been touched very little by me, I focused mainly on the trees and basic snow tiles.

Here is the link, as always please provide feedback and any errors you find!

http://bit.ly/2g4bYIs

October - November
wBhVWEJ.jpg

QlolYSp.jpg

I2UnGXo.jpg

December - January  (No Snow)

URo6riQ.jpg

qFBc0fH.jpg

JXKnLt4.jpg

Winter

EBLnKlr.jpg

QeUZNe1.jpg

Thanks very much for the mod. I was just going to post about terrain mods when I found this.

I know many like very realistic terrain, and the maps are incredibly good, but I disliked looking at the maps in the CMFB demo as everything was so grey it was depressing. I am looking more for a game than a simulation anyways so brighter maps are fine with me. It looks like your mod has brightened up the snow terrain (which is what I have in the demo)? If there is an even "brighter" mod out there that would even be better for me.

Did you also do a similar mod for CMRT? Thanks again.

15 hours ago, SeinfeldRules said:

Haven't had the time but yes I plan on it. The link works for me, what are you getting when you click it?

I'm pretty sure my ISP is blocking bit.ly so I'll just have to wait for another source :(

By the way how do you match the file tags with months of the year, I know the terrain is tagged Autumn, Cold, Winter and Snow, but not sure which months the Cold relate to.

Edited by bodkin

15 hours ago, GerryCMBB said:

Thanks very much for the mod. I was just going to post about terrain mods when I found this.

I know many like very realistic terrain, and the maps are incredibly good, but I disliked looking at the maps in the CMFB demo as everything was so grey it was depressing. I am looking more for a game than a simulation anyways so brighter maps are fine with me. It looks like your mod has brightened up the snow terrain (which is what I have in the demo)? If there is an even "brighter" mod out there that would even be better for me.

Did you also do a similar mod for CMRT? Thanks again.

Thanks! Right here is my mod for CMRT:

7 hours ago, bodkin said:

I'm pretty sure my ISP is blocking bit.ly so I'll just have to wait for another source :(

By the way how do you match the file tags with months of the year, I know the terrain is tagged Autumn, Cold, Winter and Snow, but not sure which months the Cold relate to.

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9om5odr0jp8rw2i/AD CMFB Terrain.zip?dl=0

The only tags I used were Autumn, Cold, Snow. Autumn is October and November, Cold is December/January with no Snow, Snow is self explanatory.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fall foliage is one of the hardest things for me to mod. I believe it has to do with the way the LODs are drawn in this game. At close distance, a multi-colored tree looks great and super realistic... but as soon as you back off and start actually playing the game, the LODs start kicking in and it's almost impossible to get the art to match color wise... and hence you get that super distracting POP as trees come in and out of LOD distance and the color changes. So I settled for the multi colored look by just giving every tree a different fall color.

The coloring for fall foliage is also extremely hard for me to get right... either the color is too bright and trees look like lollipops, or everything is too drab and it looks like plastic dipped in mud. Hopefully someone more skilled then I will come along and make a kickass fall foliage mod, because the more I play with the art, the more it looks worse.

Edited by SeinfeldRules