Barkmann's Corner revisited

I'd hit @Bootie up again. By the looks of it there's been another update which probably explains your difficulties. I have had hit and miss experiences trying to upload to the Scenario Depot, sometimes I've figured it out myself but also sometimes Bootie has had to help me out. While the service they are providing the community there is a noble one and Bootie is always mega helpful, I do miss just being able to write a quick description, zip a file and upload it in a couple of clicks on the repository which then automatically created a new thread announcement on the relevant board on the forum saying that a new scenario/campaign/mod had been created.

I guess you've been here already but if not, here is the tutorial which applies to TPG as well as TSD:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/about/

I think one of my successful uploads was as a result of watching this tutorial so it may get you across the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this? Or would anyone mind rehosting the mission file in the meantime? I would love to play it ever since I saw PanzerPajamas' video on it.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't see that Ghostrider uploaded it here directly.

Edited by Gkenny

9 hours ago, Gkenny said:

Any updates on this? Or would anyone mind rehosting the mission file in the meantime? I would love to play it ever since I saw PanzerPajamas' video on it.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't see that Ghostrider uploaded it here directly.

Thanks Gkenny.  It would be nice if someone can take that file and upload it to the Scenario Depot.. LOL for the life of me it still will not accept the file I give it.  Trying to figure out a plan B.  Cheers and I hope everyone has a great Easter Weekend.

Semper Fi.

James.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, Combatintman said:

I'd hit @Bootie up again. By the looks of it there's been another update which probably explains your difficulties. I have had hit and miss experiences trying to upload to the Scenario Depot, sometimes I've figured it out myself but also sometimes Bootie has had to help me out. While the service they are providing the community there is a noble one and Bootie is always mega helpful, I do miss just being able to write a quick description, zip a file and upload it in a couple of clicks on the repository which then automatically created a new thread announcement on the relevant board on the forum saying that a new scenario/campaign/mod had been created.

I guess you've been here already but if not, here is the tutorial which applies to TPG as well as TSD:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/about/

I think one of my successful uploads was as a result of watching this tutorial so it may get you across the line.

The video link for that is no longer available.  Not sure they know Youtube may have taken it down or it got flagged for some odd reason.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, kondor999 said:

Does anyone know where I can get this excellent scenario?  There are 173 CMBN scenarios posted on The Scenario Depot III, so clearly there has to be way to upload it.

Hello, couple options.  One I could send it to you via email, or cloud or something.  There I can send you the .BTT file and the other jpeg's.   So you will have everything.   Not sure, but I know they are transferring scenarios.. although its been over a year and still not complete.  In fact Im not sure if my scenario even exists with them (Battlefront Scenarios) anymore.   let me know.

J.

2 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

Hello, couple options.  One I could send it to you via email, or cloud or something.  There I can send you the .BTT file and the other jpeg's.   So you will have everything.   Not sure, but I know they are transferring scenarios.. although its been over a year and still not complete.  In fact Im not sure if my scenario even exists with them (Battlefront Scenarios) anymore.   let me know.

J.

Hey, just sent you a DM.  Thanks so much for noticing this and responding. 

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late again to the party on this one, but what a great battle! Wow, what a lot of US assets coming at me. Got a draw with 24 US 'tanks' destroyed plus 5 other vehicles, Barkmann survived but only just - main gun (yes main gun again) and tracks damaged close to the end but earlier than I would have liked.  Saved his Panther by popping smoke and getting two infantry units (one with Panzerschrek) to back up just in time, they knocked out 2 Shermans in the smoke.  Then began to run out of shaped charge ammo!  Have to give thanks to the infantry's anti-tank units in this one, plus of course the scenario designer @GhostRider3/3- a memorable experience 👍🙂

Edited by Vacilllator

On 7/14/2020 at 4:02 PM, Vacilllator said:

A bit late again to the party on this one, but what a great battle! Wow, what a lot of US assets coming at me. Got a draw with 24 US 'tanks' destroyed plus 5 other vehicles, Barkmann survived but only just - main gun (yes main gun again) and tracks damaged close to the end but earlier than I would have liked.  Saved his Panther by popping smoke and getting two infantry units (one with Panzerschrek) to back up just in time, they knocked out 2 Shermans in the smoke.  Then began to run out of shaped charge ammo!  Have to give thanks to the infantry's anti-tank units in this one, plus of course the scenario designer @GhostRider3/3- a memorable experience 👍🙂

Glad you enjoyed the scenario.  I worked for about 3 months on it, trying to get the area as detailed as I could from aerial photographs from Operation Cobra and the differences of today.  Stay safe out there.  Cheers!  :) 

6 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

Glad you enjoyed the scenario.  I worked for about 3 months on it, trying to get the area as detailed as I could from aerial photographs from Operation Cobra and the differences of today.  Stay safe out there.  Cheers!  :) 

And you did a great job thanks.  One question, Barkmann survived, I was in control of the crossroads and I knocked out 29 US vehicles, but I got a draw.  Is there something I missed in the Victory Conditions?  Barkmann's immobilised Panther wasn't actually on the crossroads but I doubt that would matter as my infantry were?

4 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

And you did a great job thanks.  One question, Barkmann survived, I was in control of the crossroads and I knocked out 29 US vehicles, but I got a draw.  Is there something I missed in the Victory Conditions?  Barkmann's immobilised Panther wasn't actually on the crossroads but I doubt that would matter as my infantry were?

It means nothing at all as long as Barkmann survives,  If you look in the editor I have zero parameters for the scenario... However Barkmann's tank #424 is worth 500 points (Allied unit objective) and the Allies have a terrain objective, the crossroads of 200  (Terrain objective) points.   My guess is the Allies got some decent points for immobilizing Barkmann's Panther.   But in your scenario, Barkmann smashed the Allies.. and beat feet back to Axis lines alive... and that is good.  LOL.  

31 minutes ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

It means nothing at all as long as Barkmann survives,  If you look in the editor I have zero parameters for the scenario... However Barkmann's tank #424 is worth 500 points (Allied unit objective) and the Allies have a terrain objective, the crossroads of 200  (Terrain objective) points.   My guess is the Allies got some decent points for immobilizing Barkmann's Panther.   But in your scenario, Barkmann smashed the Allies.. and beat feet back to Axis lines alive... and that is good.  LOL.  

Makes sense, although I wasn't sure how immobilisation works regarding points.  Anyway, yes was a good fight, shame old 424 probably got left behind afterwards in my version...

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 6:57 AM, Vacilllator said:

Makes sense, although I wasn't sure how immobilisation works regarding points.  Anyway, yes was a good fight, shame old 424 probably got left behind afterwards in my version...

Very happy you enjoyed the scenario..  Barkmann had been thru a lot within a week... I am sure he would not mind if his tank was out of action for a few days rest.  :)  Cheers!

For Chits & Grins...I substituted the Panther for a PzIVH, and played this Scenario several times and was doing fairly well. This, until the M4's showed up (was able to get anywhere from 0-2 M4's on average) before getting KO'ed.

23 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

For Chits & Grins...I substituted the Panther for a PzIVH, and played this Scenario several times and was doing fairly well. This, until the M4's showed up (was able to get anywhere from 0-2 M4's on average) before getting KO'ed.

You obviously like a challenge, well done and respect!  I might put in several KTs instead 🙂.

23 hours ago, PIATpunk said:

it's a great scenario for sure.  I don't suppose we could tempt you to add in some extra AI plans at some stage?  🙂

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F8hHzW2FTPi1CBSy7

Your picture made me laugh, my Panther looked the same, lost both its main gun and its tracks but thanks to the infantry survived to hopefully fight another day.