Barkmann's Corner revisited

Finally played this one last night and had a great time. What an amazing frenzy of trying to stop the allied wave of tanks! This is much better than the original. I studied the real battle (if it even happened) as well and I am glad to see someone made a proper map of the historical position that this occurred (again, if it did).

Total victory on Iron mode.

My only gripe is there is only one AI plan. This map needs to be played several times and more AI plans would be so nice.

IMG_2550.JPG

30 minutes ago, Lanzfeld said:

Finally played this one last night and had a great time. What an amazing frenzy of trying to stop the allied wave of tanks! This is much better than the original. I studied the real battle (if it even happened) as well and I am glad to see someone made a proper map of the historical position that this occurred (again, if it did).

Total victory on Iron mode.

My only gripe is there is only one AI plan. This map needs to be played several times and more AI plans would be so nice.

IMG_2550.JPG

Thank you for posting Lanzfeld.  I first wanted to make sure that this version was good enough before I did another revision.  When I get back into town, I will add another AI plan.  One of the reasons I did not was supposedly the area where this took place was ideal for ambush, as described by E. Barkmann in that the Allied vehicles only had a couple options which was the main road, where much of the devastation took place, and an area not really described where the Allies supposedly tried to flank Barkmann, but were caught out in the open.  I will also make another objective for Barkmann to occupy the village of Neufbourg, where he rested for the night. (Probably a Bonus objective)

• 2 years later...

I also want all to keep in mind that I changed the Axis & Allies Moral/Motivation/Leadership a little to better suite my gaming...You might want to contact Ghost Rider (or wait for him to download his version in CMMODS) for his original unmolested version :-)

Got it - thank you...

BTW:  I notice that I have a "Barkman's Corner Revised" dated March 31 2019, and a "Barkman's Corner Revisited" dated Dec 14, 2016.   Wondered if they are the same.  (The original scenario is dated May 15, 2011.)

Edited by Erwin

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Got it - thank you...

BTW:  I notice that I have a "Barkman's Corner Revised" dated March 31 2019, and a "Barkman's Corner Revisited" dated Dec 14, 2016.   Wondered if they are the same.  (The original scenario is dated May 15, 2011.)

Yes, the original 'Barkman's was 2011, then the 'Revisited' version came out 2016, but my personal 'Revisited' version is the one in Dropbox now.

Edited by JoMc67

37 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Wow so - 3 versions!!   Do you recall the differences?

Erwin, there are only 2x versions...the Original 2011 (came with game), and the 'Revisited' 2016.

I just tinkered with the 2016 version a little to my liking (Moral/Leadership/Motivation levels).

Edited by JoMc67

Hello everyone,

My version 2016 is completely different than the stock 'Barkmann's Corner"  I went to great lengths to find documentation on the subject and the exact place where it "Most Likely" took place.  Looked through many forums, books from both sides.  Most of the details are actually in the notes section of the scenario if interested and the sites I went to.... might have included the books as well, cant remember.

I will be posting it again in CMMODS III when I get home... Wednesday or Thursday this week.  For those interested you can give the Allies another plan if you want, but as is it is challenging enough I think... but for more complexity this is something you can do if you want.  Again, I basically went with what Barkmann said he had encountered, although I basically already added a second platoon of Shermans just to make it more challenging.  But realistically Barkmann probably encountered scouts, logistical vehicles and probably one element of Sherman's most likely one platoon.  The Allies thought most likely they were up against a hidden ATG.... anyways I will post it again this week, or hopefully you can get it from JoMC67 who has been kind enough to make it available.  

Cheers,

James

Lastly to save some confusion...   "Revisited"  will be the title I put back into the Scenario Depot, not exactly sure how it got deleted in the first place unless they did not carry it over from the previous site.  No worries will get it done this week.  Panzer Pajamas did a great review of  it, in which you can watch his extraordinary video on youtube.

Cheers

Ok not sure if anyone can help put this bloody scenario back on TPG II.  I cant upload the BTT. file for some reason and I cant find any useful help in uploading files.  Everything has changed in uploading and it seems more difficult, I am no computer genius and that site is extremely cumbersome for me, which means probably no more scenario making for me.  The last site was much easier to traverse.  I tried even zipping it up but still no go, it is rejected every time.    

Anyways a little advice or assistance would be great.

thanks,

James.

Barkmann's Corner revisited.btt

Just finished this. A very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I managed a Total Victory with 11 KIA and 8 WIA. Sadly, Barkmann was on the casualty list. With his optics shot to pieces I risked opening him up. And whilst standing there bellowing "You ain't seen nothing yet", an MG round took his napper off. Luckily his crew mates weren't too put out and continued to give the Ami's what for. I'm off to celebrate with some Bavarian Weizen.

Edited by Warts 'n' all