CMRT Finland Mini Mod

Please download from my dropbox and give it a go!

For the last several months I worked on this mod secretly with some other forumites.

Aragorn2002. Juju. Earl Grey. H1nd. Thanks gentlemen!

I decided not to have a thread to discuss what would be released but to "just do it". Trademark Nike! :D

This mod even has some new UI mods by Juju! Thank you sir!

I worked the old CMBB voice files in Finnish to bring 99% of them to CMRT. The only things you do not get are those artillery radio comms. Oh well. Sorry.

I changed the names file so you get soldiers with actual Finnish names.

I modded a few weapons and gear.

Oh! Juju did some great helmets mods with Finnish skulls and swastikas.

I have done just a few simple test scenarios that are there for downloading.

Some famous forumites are working to hopefully release a Finnish StuG mod, mini campaign and more polished scenario(s).

Here is the link. Download and enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kk8bke1l6aoiczg/AACOqfpKfPHZzxEjNigEECh4a?dl=0

Post questions or comments here. I will try to reply/answer them.

Oh, I am not perfect but I do think the mod is decent enough to download and enjoy the simple scenario I made. Maybe more will come of this as time goes on.

0%20finn%202_zpsybyrrm3r.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

A really clever piece of work. I've just given this a whirl. Fired up the first test battle 10th September. The uniforms, helmets and UI look really great. And (for the most part) it sounds great too. I did pick up just the odd bit of German coming through. That might be because I have a voicepack mod installed, and this mod only covers the standard voices from the game, so I think I'll have to take that pack out when I play the next test battle. 

Thanks Warts. A great quick review. Reminds me that -Hahaha- the scenario name 10 Sep is the date I uploaded it to dropbox. I suppose the little sample battles are all summer '44. I admit my knowledge of the Finnish front is very lacking.. Some polished battles should be on the way as I requested by PM to some high rollers for help a few months back. 

Yes I wasn't sure of the dates either. Just took a quick look, the armistice was signed on 19th September, but the ceasefire had been agreed on the 4th September. The main Russian assault began in early June so that fits in nicely with Red Thunder's time frame. In the meantime I tinkered with my voice mods so now yours works perfectly. I took a beating in the 10SEP battle. I knocked out one light tank, immobilized two T-34s but got still overwhelmed. I should imagine that that is how it was for the Finns at the time. 

You are welcome Jacob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finn%20UI%20Test_zps5ans00me.jpg

Juju's UI mods!

0%20svt40_zpsdm0ci3kv.jpg

Above is from early version and the smock is not in the final mod.

For scenario makers....

I added the modtag [finn] to many things I altered such as all troops have jackboots vs boots with ankle straps/laces.

I modded the German gas mask gear with a [finn] version so it should not appear.

I have not modded the battalion HQ level officer nor any camouflaged axis soldiers ONLY standard appearance tunic soldier uniform was modded.

I modded the MP40 files to not appear but instead try to look like the Finnish drum magazine SMG. Suomi? But used PPsH 41 of course.

Same with Mosin Nagant rifle for the Kar98. and SVT40 for the G43. Couldn't change MP44, Couldn't get us that funky Finnish BAR weapon.

A special thanks to Bernie @Sequoia and Kiitos to Pasi @H1nd for their assist with the long pole in the tent on the voice file transfer over from CMBB. I did all the file renaming after Pasi (a real Reindeer lovin' Finn!) listened to every CMBB voice file and told me on a spreadsheet what the files matched to for CMRT voice file categories. If any mistakes exist I take the blame.

We might get the below armor support eventually...

http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/Stu40G_2.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

Just played 11SEP.... Battlefield covered in dead Russians, and three burning tanks. I was tempted to advance with a few minutes to go, when suddenly a spray of canister came out of the trees and took one of my men out. And I then noticed a tank sound contact planted right on top of the VL. It was certainly a lot of fun to play, and I could imagine that there were quite a few small scale engagements like this during the Summer of '44.

Those scenarios in the dropbox are just real quick thrown together tester battles. I eagerly await some better scenarios from some forum folks I politely asked a few months back. We shall see. They were under no obligation to assist me but I bet everyone would love to see this Finnish Mini Mod in a better full fledged scenario with briefing, etc. Or a mini campaign with semi-historical basis of that summer. :D

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Those scenarios in the dropbox are just real quick thrown together tester battles. I eagerly await some better scenarios from some forum folks I politely asked a few months back. We shall see. They were under no obligation to assist me but I bet everyone would love to see this Finnish Mini Mod in a better full fledged scenario with briefing, etc. Or a mini campaign with semi-historical basis of that summer. :D

Yes, I would certainly enjoy giving some bigger battles, or a campaign a crack. Thanks for your efforts so far.

Congratulations. Great concept. Thank-you. You are playing it safe as a mini mod but I can really see this growing into something very inclusive. The Finns received 15 markIV G (no schurtzen), You can add that if you wanted some more armour. Machine gun companies were split into platoons supporting a rifle company so the German order should work OK in scenario creation. If you can add the PM1910 maxims that would be great for them as it was the standard issue Finn HMG. The Russian HMG's in-game would work. SVT use was sporatic and although the finns tried to set them up as a supplied and supported rifle it was not very successful. Mosins were the mainstay rifle issued long before and during the continuation war. DP LMGs were liked and scavenged when possible, might be worth adding them. Like the SVT, DP's were used as long as the squad could keep it maintained without becoming a burden. Oh there are so many possibilities in this mod, I salute you. 

@nik mond I will try and mod in the maxim HMG in place of HMG34/42. Juju did the UI mod already. I think I need to mod an animation as well for moving the axis HMG. Maybe.

I am in my all time worst case of CM burn-out at the moment but will finish this mini mod up and an AI assist to a forum pal's scenario and one PBEM in progress but then by 2017 I intend to pull the plug on this CM hobby and move on. Maybe return in 10 years if/when early war stuff is released. Anybody want to buy all the games and modules? hahahaha

5 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

@nik mond I will try and mod in the maxim HMG in place of HMG34/42. Juju did the UI mod already. I think I need to mod an animation as well for moving the axis HMG. Maybe.

I am in my all time worst case of CM burn-out at the moment but will finish this mini mod up and an AI assist to a forum pal's scenario and one PBEM in progress but then by 2017 I intend to pull the plug on this CM hobby and move on. Maybe return in 10 years if/when early war stuff is released. Anybody want to buy all the games and modules? hahahaha

Deserteurs will be shot, Phil. :D Please take a rest then, but don't leave us. People like you are worth their weight in gold for this community.

My last big break was sparked by 9/11 in 2001 where I got very busy doing overseas Navy Port Security inspections and 5th & 6th Fleet general deployed ship support for the GWOT and then I retired in 2007 and came back to the US to build a house and I never went back to CM until after CMBN was released, rejoined the forum sometime in 2011 . About 10 years break or so. It was actually very good in hindsight. So, see you in 2025! :D

On 11/11/2016 at 11:24 AM, kohlenklau said:

For me great games I do burn out on but after a few months I always go back..reckon you'll be back gefore then eyars are up:)..give it six months and ver4 I reckon you'll be booting up again. I burn out..however they never leave my HD..not until a whole new CM engine game comes out as I know I'll go back after abit of a break from it

My last big break was sparked by 9/11 in 2001 where I got very busy doing overseas Navy Port Security inspections and 5th & 6th Fleet general deployed ship support for the GWOT and then I retired in 2007 and came back to the US to build a house and I never went back to CM until after CMBN was released, rejoined the forum sometime in 2011 . About 10 years break or so. It was actually very good in hindsight. So, see you in 2025! :D

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:47 AM, kohlenklau said:

You can check any time you like, but you can never leave, Phil. 

Very sorry to hear you are leaving, but I certainly can see why you are burned out.  You put more into CM content add-ons than anyone else.  The hours of extra fun you've added to the communities' CM enjoyment must number in the thousands.  Corralling the talent and riding herd (you're a Texan, after all) on the Finn project is very much appreciated.  After several years of friendship and collaboration with you, it's hard to imagine you not being here... and we never did play a PBEM!  I truly hope it's 10 days, or even 10 months, and not 10 years.  I'll be dead by then.:(