What is to come?

Jumpete

Maybe is too soon for talk about next RT module, but with engine 4.0 near, and probably also the next FI module, maybe now is time to speculate on what is waiting us in the "wild east".

Cold and snow (winter is coming). The basic and essential added to Red Thunder (IMO)

More maps, much more maps. RT is a great game but really I'd like to have more scenaries for playing.

In the RT manual, BF said that next module will covert the time frame since RT (September'44) to Battle of Berlin. Well, this was wrote near three years ago, maybe the plans have changed in this time. This front is huge, and there are enough operations and miles for bring them to us in several modules and packs.
(Really it would be great to play with the 45 TO&E.)

Later versions for russians and german vehicles and tanks and, of course, kitties and elephants.

About  lend-lease tanks, I miss them since the beginning. Really, it'd be great can to play with "red Shermans" advancing on the steppes. but I was asking me if these tanks will come in the next Red Thunder module or as a vehicle pack.

KVs, KVs everywhere ;) KV-85, KV-1S. and maybe the older KV-1 because it was used in the Karelian front in much later periods as 1944. This option has sense if BF expand the current Eastern Front to another sectors.

About units, probably LW Field Divisions, Gebirsjägers, Fallschirmsjägers, Waffen, .... and maybe(crossing fingers) another countries such as Finland, Hungary, Roumania, etc...
In the russian side, another great option would be to add polish units.

I know that I forgot to much, so if anybody has a good idea, please add here.

Yes, I wish they'd include Valentine tanks, though they probably weren't in use by the time represented in the game. On that note, I wish they'd reconsider an earlier time frame and include at least Stalingrad, Leningrad, or the Operation Typhoon. Well, I guess it's called "Red Thunder" for a reason and earlier years of the war might have Germans stealing some of that thunder ;)

Nothing official on Valentine tank in the late war module but I did deluge Steve with documentary proof of Valentive IX in unexpectedly large numbers right up to war's end. And with a surprising low attrition rate! I may have made an impression. To back up my position I sent them this pict of a mkIX recently recovered. Lost, I vaguely recall, in January '45 during a frozen river crossing... maybe. I'm a bit vague on the details.

fcaffdf6-1f2e-11e2-bd18-0025b511226e.jpg

Edited by MikeyD

13 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Nothing official on Valentine tank in the late war module but I did deluge Steve with documentary proof of Valentive IX in unexpectedly large numbers right up to war's end. And with a surprising low attrition rate! I may have made an impression. To back up my position I sent them this pict of a mkIX recently recovered. Lost, I vaguely recall, in January '45 during a frozen river crossing... maybe. I'm a bit vague on the details.

fcaffdf6-1f2e-11e2-bd18-0025b511226e.jpg

Yowza! That would be great! I was reading a book on the T34 commanders and several mentioned how much the Russians liked the Valentines. 

• 2 weeks later...