Equipment Encyclopedia

I'm really enjoying CMFB so far, I think this must be the best game of the series, engine wise and equipment wise. What I start to miss is a database for the equipment involved, kinda like some 3d viewers in old simulator games that introduced you the units involved in the game. I've played thousands of hours of WW2 games but still there is always something to learn and I imagine someone less familiar with WW2 will have a hard time understanding the pros and cons of his assets. The green bars give you a hint but I think it would be great to have the actual stats, the armor thickness, the survivability against various round types, a head on comparisson etc along with a 3D presentation to enjoy the brilliant work on the models. Probably very low on a list but I thought it would be great to have this for a game that is so dependant on detailed projectile modelling. 

I agree about the encyclopedia. It'd be helpful especially with respect to armor thickness. I've been using http://www.wwiiequipment.com/pencalc/ to help find penetration probabilities for the various tanks and shell types. I don't know to what degree the CMx2 games mirror these numbers, but I think it's pretty close.

Edited by sttp

You can just open up and read some history books on ww2 armor.

most vehicles on both sides had strong frontal, ok side and weak back armor

Troops will be troops some guys are a good shot, others are rookies.

The Germans tanks are king at stand off fighting in an open ground where they can use range to their advantage. You are almost toast going head on against them. You would be out armored and out gunned if you try it with one of the big cats like a panther or tiger

US tanks are better in urban combat and quicker usually but low velocity main guns needs to be close, needs speed and numbers for survival. Got better later in war.

Edited by user1000

Trust me, I've read a ton of them:) I know those things very well. But playing QBs with a few valuable tanks you need to have a perfect knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses, your turret traverse, what is the range your 76 AP will have a good chance with a panther front turret etc. 

Sttp, thanks I recently discovered that site too, some interesting results though not sure if they are accurate with the game.

I like the idea of a basic encyclopedia as well, equipment name, historical background , its main historical use , and its major weakness, specifics like " what is the range your 76 AP will have a good chance with a panther front turret", i think thats too much info, that we can find out on our own, I do alot of testing on my own to determine range effectiveness, plus its fun finding these things out on your own 

'

The other CM2 titles had a mod that gave valuable info like range, caliber as well as defensive data on every vehicle. For, some reason the mod maker did not do this mod for CMBS or CMFB.  He may have disappeared from the forums.  It's possible you can use the mods for CMBN, CMFI and CMRT to get something that could work.

Edited by Erwin

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

The other CM2 titles had a mod that gave valuable info like range, caliber as well as defensive data on every vehicle. For, some reason the mod maker did not do this mod for CMBS or CMFB.  He may have disappeared from the forums.  It's possible you can use the mods for CMBN, CMFI and CMRT to get something that could work.

do you know the name of the mod maybe?

35 minutes ago, mbarbaric said:

do you know the name of the mod maybe?

I belive this might be the one...

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=3193

OOOPs...link did not work...

It's called: Alternate Silhouettes CMRT v1

By Marco Bergman...

Might be able to find it at CMMODS also...

Edited by RepsolCBR