v1.02 patch notes

Get the v1.02 for PC and Mac here: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=350&Itemid=612

This is a minor patch that covers some issues that we didn't get around to in v1.01. Patches for other CM titles coming soon!

Patch notes:

TO&E and Formations

* Commanders of German 2nd and 3rd grenadier rifle platoons have higher ranks.
* Organic 81mm mortar teams in German Parachute platoons and companies can now be called for indirect fire through the support tab.
* FIXED: Some US airborne infantry rifle squads would start split by default.

Audio

* Mac Only: Artillery confirmation chatter is now audible.

Bug Fixes

* FIXED: Game would always start with shaders turned off.
* FIXED: Sometimes units would path incorrectly around water.
* FIXED: Various crashes.

Art Fixes

* Springfield M1903 texture improved.

Is anyone else having problems installing the Pc patch?

I have tried every which way I can think of; antivirus on and off; mod folders in and out etc.

It gives the appearance of installing but when I try to launch it just brings up a message saying that FB has stopped working.

I take out the installed folder and 1.01 seems to work fine.

Can't remember there being a problem with previous patches.

14 minutes ago, James Crowley said:

I take out the installed folder and 1.01 seems to work fine.

Can you expand on that?  When I read that I picture a sub directory under the regular CMFB install that contains just the patch contents so that when you delete it you are back to where you started.  If that is correct then it means your patch was installed inside a sub directory of the game not on top of the game like it should have been.

The installer should find your install path but if it does not it might stick an extra sub directory on the path.  For example on my system I have the game installed at C:\Programs\CMFB101 and I typically moved it or renamed it so the patch installer cannot guess the path so when I pick the right path for my system depending on how I do it the path might end up being C:\Programs\CMFB101\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg and I have to manually delete the "Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg" part.  Make sure the path the installer chooses is the directory where the game .exe is located.

We're looking into it, but Ian is correct.  There are conditions in which the installer won't find your installation directory and instead winds up making its own directory.

James, to immediately fix your problem what you need to do is move the files from that errant sub directory and put the EXE in your CMFB folder (overwriting the one that is already there) and the BRZ into the Data folder.  That should do the trick, I think.

Steve

8 hours ago, ChrisND said:

TO&E and Formations

* Commanders of German 2nd and 3rd grenadier rifle platoons have higher ranks.

I remember BF pointing out the dearth of officers and how it was common for NCOs to lead platoons (which it was, at least in Normandy) - why the change; to reflect the influx of "fresh" men?

8 hours ago, ChrisND said:

Bug Fixes

* FIXED: Game would always start with shaders turned off.

What I was hoping to see, thanks so much guys!

Edited by Rinaldi

22 minutes ago, patrykd said:

What about fixing Sherman gunner position when firing HMG after opening hatch?

I don't think that was addressed, but it could have been and simply wasn't marked.

4 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

I remember BF pointing out the dearth of officers and how it was common for NCOs to lead platoons (which it was, at least in Normandy) - why the change; to reflect the influx of "fresh" men?

Nah, 2nd and 3rd Platoons were by design senior NCOs since before the war.  Only a very few formation types deliberately had officers in all platoons (Aufklärung?  I forget).  The thing we fixed is that more junior NCOs were staffing some positions instead of the correct senior NCO rank.  A very minor tweak to be sure.

Steve

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

We're looking into it, but Ian is correct.  There are conditions in which the installer won't find your installation directory and instead winds up making its own directory.

James, to immediately fix your problem what you need to do is move the files from that errant sub directory and put the EXE in your CMFB folder (overwriting the one that is already there) and the BRZ into the Data folder.  That should do the trick, I think.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

Initially followed Ian's advice and that did the job.

9 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

When I tried to install it, I had the same issue noted before.  I think what is happening is if you have the game installed somewhere else, it recreates the main folder.  For example, my game is installed in C:\Games\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg.  I pointed the installer to this directory and then I had the following after install:  C:\Games\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg.  Just point it to C:\Games.

The most significant change from a game play perspective is (surprisingly) undocumented. The maximum range at which some AT guns can be spotted has been reduced substantially, and is even shorter if they do not move or rotate after setup. When placed in trenches even 88s can remain unspotted at ranges under 1 km.

On 07/10/2016 at 6:53 AM, ChrisND said:

If I follow that link and download the Mac update, the download file is named as:

CMFB MacOS v101 MacOS Patch Installer.pkg.zip

That zip file extracts as:

CMFB MacOS v101 MacOS Patch Installer.pkg

The actual content may be v1.02 - not run it yet to find out - but the file names are still shown as v1.01 .... ?

Confusing ....

Is it actually the new patch, or is the link still delivering the previous version?

19 hours ago, Rinaldi said:

As Steve already pointed out, NCOs were actually supposed to lead platoons in the german army, especially 2nd and 3rd platoons. This is still the case today btw ;)

1 hour ago, PhilM said:

If I follow that link and download the Mac update, the download file is named as:

CMFB MacOS v101 MacOS Patch Installer.pkg.zip

That zip file extracts as:

CMFB MacOS v101 MacOS Patch Installer.pkg

The actual content may be v1.02 - not run it yet to find out - but the file names are still shown as v1.01 .... ?

Confusing ....

Is it actually the new patch, or is the link still delivering the previous version?

Worked for me no problem

Image%202016-10-08%20at%2011.37.58%20am.

Image%202016-10-08%20at%2011.39.52%20am.

CMFB-1-02.jpg

5 hours ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Hi @Vanir Ausf B, is that just affecting ATGs or perhaps any kind of deployable heavy weapon?

ATGs, infantry guns and anti-aircraft guns. To the best of my knowledge machine guns and mortars are unaffected, but they have never been difficult to keep hidden, IMO.