'Chaos at Ferme Diedenhove' scenario

sttp

Just wondering how many of you have played CMFB's "Chaos at Ferme Diedenhove" scenario, and if your results were in line with the results you're used to getting? Did you attack primarily north, or south? Was immobilization a factor?

I finally got the Americans to surrender, but... the price was higher than usual. A bittersweet victory, with some interesting surprises throughout. So, I recommend it. And to the scenario designer, I say... "good job." It really captures the essence of what December 16th/17th must've been like.

*** SPOILERS ***

Playing as the Germans I managed to squeeze out a minor victory. Splitting forces worked ok although bogging, mines, US air attacks and excellent keyhole positions took out the better part of my forces. Progress was agonizingly slow, completely bogging down on the small open clearing south west of the chruch where it turned into a Panther workshops of broken down equipment, and mangled crews. Had to slug through the farm complex and forrests on the north side of town to get anything going.

Very well done to the scenario designer!

Edited by Mies

• 2 months later...

Spoilers but not really many.

I keep a screenshot of my results and usually some very brief notes as much to let me know about replay-ability as much as anything. My notes were not great.

"Chaos at Ferme Diedenhove - Major Victory as Germans. Bloody battle losing many troops and tanks. Very large force to attack with." Unfortunately didn't comment on the ability to play again but the fact I mentioned I lost "many" means I would not have been happy some things. From memory my attack had stopped mainly due to armour running out of ammo, KOed or mobility. Still had lots of infantry.

I haven't played heaps of CMFB scenarios but in this one you do get some unique units/formations I suspect will not appear in other scenarios.

Going through the forest to the North seemed more trouble than what it was worth and I think my "Targets Failed" was not killing enough stuff in there (memory may be wrong). It was basically an attack along the southern edge and I chopped off the SE corner of the forest on the way to Ground objectives.

Chaos at Ferme Diedenhove.jpg