Never thought Id see the day

Sublime

Downtown in Boston today. I snapped a pic of the Chinese flag flying in front of a US federal building. No idea why. Smh. I heartily disapprove and its not a UN building or some nonsense.

Smh. All of our boys that died in Korea. My grandfather served in Korea during the period of the Chinese intervention. What a shame imo. The pic is too big for me to upload. Anyone wants it feel free ill send it to them via email. Ita just a pic of a flag.. but idk seeing it flying within 100 yarrds of the old state house and where the boston massacre occurred made me feel sick.

How do you feel about Germany? Iraq? The Philippines? Britain? Canada? The Iroquois/Cherokee/et al? France? Spain? Haiti? Mexico? Fiji? The Confederate States? Japan? Cuba? Nicaragua? Dominican Republic? Italy? Etc?

Basically, when you've been to war with the entire globe at one point or another, you need to get over yourself.

Edit: Pretty sure China didn't have anything to do with the Boston massacre?

Edited by JonS

No but Boston is like the cradle of the American revolutiom and the flag was right about 100 yds frm where that happened.

Brits? Fine. Most the list is fine. I think Japan has a serious denial and trying to be  victim when theyre the bad guys issue about ww2 but otherwise no. However China is continually confronting us currently. The most likely war scenario besides Korea that I really see as likely again is a war with China over the South China Sea Spratlys etc.

China intervened in Korea and killed a lot of American troops and UN troops to help prop up a sick regime in an aggressive war. A regime thats a threat to world peace today.

If Germans were still a threat and still lionizing the nazi era and talking about the enemy Americans in their news and regular propaganda Id be suspicious of and dislike them too.

My opinion of middle easterners? In general or frankly? I mean like the dalai llama said man idk i think middle easterners should be fighting and living in the mid east not changing europe etc. Call it what you want Im just being honest. No i dont think iraqis or syrians or whoever here should be interned or have to register. At all. However recent history and the open hatred from basically... the entire region of the Great Satan means I have no love for them really. How could I knowing if i walked alone down 9 10ths of arab cities even in broad daylight id have a huge bullseye on my head and literally would be risking my life. Just because Im american. So just as they resent being judged as a group unfortunately westerners are too and when they can they kidnap and slaughter us as much as possible. Regardless if theyre fringe  elements theyre still there whete theyte not or not in any real sense in most rest of the world. Where if i travelled ajd got hurt itd be the endemic crime to all humans not just because im a white westernerner and therefore great material for a beheading video.

Its also personal. My grandfather who died recently fought in the war during the exact opening period through 51 spring offensives with the chinese.

Pretty sure it was as I played pingpong ( boston has some random pianos for whoever to play sitting arnd outside. And a few spots billiards tables and also ping pong tables. So anyways being hempfest me and my friends partook and played pingpong. And were challenged by some young chinese female tourists. Ever get in a fight and the way the other guy gets in a stance is an oh $hit moment when you *know* the person obviously knows martial arts? Well the lady i played picked up the paddle by notching her middle finger and index finger almost how people shoot pool and do with their left hand- except she put the paddle handle in the hole her fingers made. Ive never seen anyone hold a paddle that way  that was my oh $hit moment. 

She wiped the floor with me then i caught up

They play diff there. Here we switch off every 5 serves there its 2. Here we play to 21 there  its 11. So we did the 2 serves by her rules i wuda lost the first game by 4 but we continued to 21 ( she was pleased when i said we played to 21 ) and i lost by 1. I was very impressed by a pair of very very elderly chinese women playing pingpong verrry rapidly.

Again my problem idnt with chinese *people* until theyre wearing chinese *govt* uniforms and submachine gunning my grandfathers friends or perhaps my sons friends someday.

The Chinese govts flag means somehing different to me than chinese people as people do. Unfortunately because china is literallly the other side of the world from america ( wait.. right?)

This is also for example how i can play a friendly pbem and talk to one of the most pro putin members of this board and still jist trade jabs about politics. He isnt the russian govt. We.re playing the game and, -because we like to- teasing eachother about our respective countries. However im sure deep down that though we like eachother we wouldnt like "russians" or "americans" if a war broke out between our country and thousands of people in our generation were killed. Do you catch my drift where im trying to seem less ignorant 'murica for you and actually explain that yes feelings play a role but it doesnt mean i dislike chinese people here or in china, it means i dislike the machinations of the chinese communist government. ( i only even bother to explain myself bc of my respect for you and your work @JonS

My interaction with chinese ppl therefore is limited to things like last wkend, their government and my governments interactions, and basically seeing made in china on every cheap consumer that makes up the entire mosaic of your life in america..

Edited by Sublime