Feed Back please.

A while back I posted my first ( and so far only) Map on "A Few Good Men".

Called "Junction 2" it was an attempt to design a major grade separated highway interchange ( one where you can change from any direction without having to actually stop at a junction).

I was kind of wondering if anyone had actually downloaded in or played it and what people thought of it in general.

In particular i was wondering if people actually tried to take the junction itself or took control of terrain around it instead.

Originally when designing it I thought it would be mainly a battle for the main flyover but play testing it a bit I found I was usually aiming to take the road line to the North to achieve the same thing.

More specifically I used the map to try out a series of ideas for features that might form the basis of future maps and i wondered what people thought of these. as they are sort of tests they are all a bit compressed in terms of size.

1) Drainage ditches; on the river in the NW tried to put irrigation ditches using ditch lock running down to the River. I don't really think this worked as unlike Shock Force there are no trenches in Blacks, and these make good field ditches and channels in that.

2) Gas station; Centre North I made a sort of gas station service stop.

3) Rail Yard; in the NE this is fairly compressed but it's the use of barns as sheds and warehouses plus the ground and walls that I hoped would get the feel right.

4) Quarry; This is in the SE and again too small but it's the general idea behind it that i'd like comments on.

5) Estate; Mid south an attempt at a large stately house with walled garden and some semi attached farm buildings.

6) Fishing Station; SW corner, using footbridges and fencing to try to creat the clutter you might see in a fishing village or shore line.

7) Sewage Works; here I set buildings into the ground at the rivers edge to try and create something that looked like the kind of concrete and gravel level structures you get in sewage works and industrial plant.

Finally more generally I left some trees in otherwise cultivated fields with on slightly raised ground with longer grass. The is something I often see in real life and think it looks better than just trees on their own. I also used light forest and raised the fence line above roads and fields as I think this better represents long established farm land where over time fields have dropped from decades of cultivation.

All or indeed any feedback, even critical, would be appreciated.

Here's a link to junction 2;

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-black-sea/cm-black-sea-add-ons-maps/cmbs-map-junction-2/

Peter.

Yes, looks really nice - I particularly like the mall and the fuel station. Other things that are cool are the railcard and fishing area on the river. Only a couple of thoughts:

The woods for some reason don't look very woody, I can't put my finger on why.

Some of the buildings on the village are unusually close together.

14 hours ago, AlexUK said:

Yes, looks really nice - I particularly like the mall and the fuel station. Other things that are cool are the railcard and fishing area on the river. Only a couple of thoughts:

The woods for some reason don't look very woody, I can't put my finger on why.

Some of the buildings on the village are unusually close together.

Alex,

Don't know about the woods, but the buildings are probably because that's what they are like where i live in Scotland....Not exactly Ukrainian but feels right to me.

Peter.