Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

BFC, am getting bizarre warning from Yahoo about Forums

For some unknown reason Yahoo doesn't like the main hyperlink to the site when using Firefox.  I get the below message. Any idea what's happening here or why? Neither does it like simply keying in the URL. In order to get here if I've had to shut down FF, a fairly frequent occurrence, I have to jump through hoops first. By contrast, starting with Safari from scratch, all I have to do is type "community" and select the CM Forums from the top of the offered list.

Forbidden

This link is not authorized by Yahoo.

If you would like to continue to this link's intended destination at your own risk, click here.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well I don't think this is BFC's doing.  I predict that Yahoo is your default search provider in Firefox. Change it to Google and your problems will go away (https://www.searchenginejournal.com/change-your-default-search-engine-in-firefox-google-chrome-ie-original/24378/).

See discussion here for more info: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.mac.apps/ZO3TAA8f_Rg

4 hours ago, IanL said:

Well I don't think this is BFC's doing.  I predict that Yahoo is your default search provider in Firefox. Change it to Google and your problems will go away (https://www.searchenginejournal.com/change-your-default-search-engine-in-firefox-google-chrome-ie-original/24378/).

See discussion here for more info: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.mac.apps/ZO3TAA8f_Rg

I concur that it's YAHOO, not Battlefront.  As said, in Firefox (and Chrome) change your default search engine to something other than Yahoo.

IanL and Bagder73,

Verily thee rocketh! that may well be the easiest computer fix ever. I opened up FF after reading the article, set the search engine to Google and now, thanks to your wonderful help, am no longer in the Yahoo torture chamber. I hated the way it displayed videos for selection and rendered maps considerably less useful since there were no letters to go with the symbols for stores and whatnot. Danke mucho!

Regards,

John Kettler

On 20. Juli 2016 at 3:19 AM, John Kettler said:

IanL and Bagder73,

Verily thee rocketh! that may well be the easiest computer fix ever. I opened up FF after reading the article, set the search engine to Google and now, thanks to your wonderful help, am no longer in the Yahoo torture chamber. I hated the way it displayed videos for selection and rendered maps considerably less useful since there were no letters to go with the symbols for stores and whatnot. Danke mucho!

Regards,

John Kettler

But now you are in Google-Hell. Hehehe... ?

1 hour ago, StieliAlpha said:

But now you are in Google-Hell. Hehehe... ?

Yeah, I have very mixed feelings about that company. IMO they basically ruined YouTube when they took it over and all the rigmarole you have to go through just to get registered. Maybe that's becoming typical of the Net in general, but I recall 20 years ago it was a much friendlier place, even with the ranting nut cases.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

Yeah, I have very mixed feelings about that company. IMO they basically ruined YouTube when they took it over and all the rigmarole you have to go through just to get registered. Maybe that's becoming typical of the Net in general, but I recall 20 years ago it was a much friendlier place, even with the ranting nut cases.

Michael

Well, one might have the impression, 20 years ago the world was a much friendlier place. Too many ranting nut cases east, west, north and south. ?