Maps needed?

Hello,

I'm a compulsive mapmaker when it comes to wargames, and I'm returning to CMx2 after a long break that started before I really got into the map-making.

I'd like to create some nice maps to share with the community but I was wondering where the demand lies. Is it for QB maps, or are players interested in maps at all? Are full scenarios what people are really looking for?

I'd be happy to receive any opinions or suggestions. I currently own CMBN/MG and CMRT, and I've cross-posted this in both forums. I hope that's OK. I should be picking up CMFI/GL and CMFB over the next few months.

H

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the feedback, both here and in the CMBN M&M forum. I think the best way to balance what I like doing with what people want is to make maps for scenarios I'd like to create, but QB-ify(?) them first, and then create scenarios to go with them and upload the scenario versions later. The demand for smaller scenarios is noted, which is probably the best place to start anyway.

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

This is potentially very funny.

His first map is completely flat with just a single building in the middle...and one bush. Maybe one flavor object: that famous CM cart?

Wait til you see his 2nd map! :o

Um...whose map are you talking about?

I wasn't referring to your maps. I've never seen your work. It was an attempt at humor but I shouldn't have posted that post here.

We're all looking forward to seeing your maps and scenarios you've offered to make for the CM community. Thanks.

Edited by kohlenklau