Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

T-90A & T-90 tankdozer 1:35 scale model videos

This popped up in my YT sidebar while researching something historical. what can I say? YT knows I'm a treadhead. Never heard of Meng before, but then, I haven't built any 1:35 armor since high school and last had a handle on what was out there circa 1995. A bit behind! Turns out there are quite a few 1:35 models available for modern Russian AFVs and other related topics.

Meng 1:35 scale T-90A (unfortunately sans English subtitles; Russian only)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqJm9qtE6iQ

Here is the turret build for a Meng T-90 tank dozer. Note the intricacy of all the pieces which make up the turret. The same applies to the real one. Would think this would be a production nightmare compared to, say, the Abrams, which looks naked by comparison. This video's also in Russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1L_9wSxRy0

Here are the final stages and the finished model in parade configuration. I like my AFVs in their more typical dirty and used state.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

There's a crapton of really good 1:35 armor models out there.  I've got some Meng stuff waiting my attention (namely their M3A3 and Leo 1A4) but the T-90 is on my wishlist at least.

If you've got a real interest in Russian armor, Trumpeter is the go-to for T-62s, T-64s, T-80s, and T-90s.  They're oddly weak on the T-72 (I think they do a T-72B1, and some other super-late Cold War model, missing the T-72M I really super-want, or other models).  

I've got their T-80BV, but it's terrifying, saving it for after I've done some easier kits (there's a lot of PE, individual track links, and the ERA mounting looks pretty tricky).

I haven't found anyone that's really doing much with T-72s (although I think Trumpeter is about to do a T-72B3), if you're a T-55 fan, Takom's T-55AV and T-54 are well regarded.

Tamiya is still good too, although they tend to be more "fun" and less accurate.  Their T-62A is great for a pretty budget kit, and I've heard good things about their T-55, but their T-72M has some major flaws (in effect, it's accurate for a East German T-72 and nothing else).   

Longtime lurker here :)

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Trumpeter have relatively recently released a 1/35 T-90MS, considering the fact that it isn't in service anywhere AFAIK: https://twitter.com/objec1/status/716271077651951616/photo/1

I was hoping this could be easily built as a T-90AM, or am I missing something here?

Oh, and it also comes with a 1/35 Putin... apparently inspired by the following 'photo shoot' :D

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2011/09/21/confucius-prize-will-russias-man-of-action-to-be-named-chinas-man-of-peace/

Machor,

Welcome aboard (or at least above ground)!

Either BFC's tracker is screwed up or you live at a blistering speed, since your profile shows you've been a Member a whole 23 hours! In any event, I like your first post very much and find the Putin figure's inclusion in the kit (thought you were winding us up on this) more than a bit surreal. Were Trumpeter a Russian firm, I'd be muttering about yet another form of the cult of personality Putin practices.

Regards,

John Kettler