What I believe should be added for a potenetial VDV module.

Ukrainian VDV (vehicles):

BTR-80 (note that bar armor or slat armor is very common on Ukrainian BTRs and BMDs)

Ukrainian-military-convoy-on-a-road-near-Donetsk-reuters-715x500.jpg

KrAZ/Streit Group Spartan (various armaments; including Sarmat turret, Ags-17, PKM, Dshk)

imgres.jpg

BMD-1

imgres.jpg

BMD-2

imgres.jpg

KrAZ-5233

imgres.jpg

Dozor-B (various armaments; typically 12.7mm machine gun)

images.jpg

BTR-3E1 (maybe)

imgres.jpg

ZSU-23-2 (truck mounted or base)

imgres.jpg

Russian VDV (vehicles):

BMD-4M

bmd_4m.jpg

BMD-3

imgres.jpg

BMD-2

imgres.jpg

BTR-MDM

imgres.jpg

BTR-D (various armaments; atgm, zsu-23-2, etc.)

images.jpg

ZSU-23-2 (truck mounted or base)

imgres.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Those are ZU 23s you double posted. The ZSU has 4 23mm barrels and is tracked.

I meant the ZSU-23-2 not the ZSU-23-4. 

I don't believe the ZSU-23-4 is in service with either Ukraine or Russia and has been replaced with the Tunguska.

The 23-2 is in service with the VDV of both nations.

4 minutes ago, L0ckAndL0ad said:

AFAIK there's no BMD-3s in active duty units, maybe some in a Training Center or converted to 4s or some such. Also, -2M is a possibility (similar turret as on BMP-2M).

There are very small numbers of them, but you're correct. It would not make sense to include since it is very unlikely anymore will be produced.

well maybe you should start clamoring for the -4 since its been in a previous x2 title and therefore maybe perhaps the model could somehow be more easily ported.

Also wikipedia has the shilka still in service by Russian Marines.

Wiki also has Ukraine but no details on how many or what branch.

37 minutes ago, Sublime said:

well maybe you should start clamoring for the -4 since its been in a previous x2 title and therefore maybe perhaps the model could somehow be more easily ported.

Also wikipedia has the shilka still in service by Russian Marines.

Wiki also has Ukraine but no details on how many or what branch.

I will continue "clamoring" for the ZSU-23-2 because it was also featured in a previous CMx2 title "therefore maybe perhaps the model could somehow be more easily ported."

You were correct about the Russian Naval Infantry, but we're not talking about the Naval Infantry; we're talking about VDV.

The ones Ukraine has are in storage.

Dude what do you even mean I need to chill? I didnt say anything to you except to discuss what you brought up. And ya you.re discussing VDV which is a possibility but so are the Russian Marines even more so because US Marines are already confirmed.

People on this board will correct your mistakes and theres people from all over the world so if someone uses some word that really isnt for sure ( like the difference between clamoring and me telling you to make sure you off anyone you may have gotten preggo before you hang it up ) dont assume its to insult you because no one here was. You jumped to that.

Edited by Sublime

Clamouring has a pretty negative connotation. Suggestfull of thoughtlessly demanding something without fully understanding the subject. 

Considering Juan is asking for specific things, about which he has obviously done some research and thought, using 'clamouring' to describe his posts suggests that his efforts are wasted, misdirected and uninformed. It does come across as a little insulting.... 

Thence why he sniped back. 

I think the truck mounted ZSU 23 2 would be a great addition. It would lay waste to Bradley's (maybe not the hull?)  but it would Helen Keller all its sensors. 

Aaaaaaaannnd I'm out. 

Edited by kinophile

I dont think theyd lay waste to brads anymore than tunguskas do and tunguskas use 30mm and often have trouble from the frontal aspect.  

23mm was the NATO standard to make protection for for awhile hence things like the A10As front canopy being made to take hits up to 23mm and the subsequent russian jump to 30mm.

And clamoring having negative connontations.. please. This is all done by text so tone of voice etc cant be heard. So really unless youre going out of your way to find negative connontations or whatever thats a pretty thin skinned way of looking at it especially given the way most forum members use self deprecating humor about us and our hobby.* Sniped back implies he was sniped in the first place. Yet i made a suggestion about the probability of ease of getting at least a near cousin into the expansion that would also be good for city fighting. Its being acted like the clamoring sentence was in a vacuum not with anything else said. Or as if i said who cares what you want in the game or what gives you license to post what you want in game. Obviously i didnt.

*See refresh monkeys. See grognards. Etc ad nauseum.

I can only imagine what i woulda been accused of implying if i had mentioned refresh monkeys.

Edited by Sublime

JUAN DEAG,

Welcome aboard!

You beat me to it on the Sprut-SD front, and I'd not yet encountered the Sprut-SD-CDM1. Sprut-SD was bad enough, and from a Threat Analysis perspective, made me pine for the plenty scary at the time ASU-85. Meanwhile, more on the Sprut-SD and its remarkable origins. Happily, this vid has English subtitles. Unhappily, I'm having a weird technical problem in which the link won't paste. Title is Sprut-SD. The 125 mm air-droppable tank. It's on YT.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BTR said:

Just to further VDV in CMBS discussion, here's what my friends and I thin should be in CMBS:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KBUAveCAONlgLoODwjyRNK3HW9S-BoinINTWfmm8bdI/edit?usp=sharing

Very interesting and informative. 

Do you mind if I do an grammar/vocabulary/stylistic cleanup (as a copied document)? 

I believe English is not your first language but you are a really quite fluent. Some glitches, whic identify your background, can be easily cleaned up. 

It's my grammar OCD. I have only limited control.... :-). 

13 hours ago, BTR said:

Just to further VDV in CMBS discussion, here's what my friends and I thin should be in CMBS:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KBUAveCAONlgLoODwjyRNK3HW9S-BoinINTWfmm8bdI/edit?usp=sharing

Ukrainian part has some inaccuracies and old data. I already have broke my head, while was trying to make common airmobile units structure for the game on the base of huge number of ORBAT and equipment variations, which now reigned in our airmobile brigades... 

PS: BTR-3 and Dozor-B on 99 % will not be included in UKR equipment list...