KinoMAP - "Fighting Blind" [WIP] HvH

Hey all,

I've taken the Gauntlets Crossed map and heavily modified it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/saf75504wsh43vj/Fighting%20Blind%20v2.btt?dl=0

It's now  a UKR v RUS mech company level engagement in dense fog.Ukrainians have a numerical advantage early on but the Pesky Ruskies get significant Artillery support later. 

The background story is off two MBG's coming into contact during a fairly open maneuver phase of the (future) war. The Blue briefing is kinda done, the Red briefing is just a copy of the blue. A proper breakdown etc will be done at a later date. For now, its basically  a reinforced UKR mech company versus a RUS mech company with heavy fire support later. The map allows some maneuver and the Russian artillery later on will severely punish UKR clumping.

For now, it is strictly Human v Human - @IanL I'm still building the Ai plans, its an insanely laborious exercise but your pointers and maps are enormous help!

This will be part of a campaign I'm very slowly building. 

For now, please test and enjoy.

Untitled-1_zps8dccoans.jpg

tA DAAA.

Its a little faded out as the map has Dense Fog. This reduces spotting distances to about 150m max for Mech inf. Modern tanks (oplots etc) are much better but are not present in this scenario. Just a couple of T64 bulats.

Edited by kinophile

• 4 weeks later...

God, no.

AI... man, AI is a whole project in itself.  I could slap on some basic plans but personally that's not my style. Either you're going up a cunning evil bastard or no one. 

I've been playtesting from RUS side and noticed some inherent weaknesses that make it quite difficult to win.  Not impossible, but you need to rely more on the UKR making mistakes. I don't want to just add more troops (read, more management) so I'm testing adding more artillery/TRPs, removing the UKR Tanks, different OBJs etc. 

Basically another round of testing before I stick my face back under the blunt bladed lawnmower that is AI planning ... 

Edited by kinophile

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, kinophile said:

WIP, lots of small inconsistencies, and the terrain around the town is onl5 50% complete (probably add more space as well).

Proceed with caution.  As I recall adding onto the map will move troops already placed on the map which may then screw up AI plans.  Just FYI.

17 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Proceed with caution.  As I recall adding onto the map will move troops already placed on the map which may then screw up AI plans.  Just FYI.

Yah I learnt that the hard way on my first maps :) Starting from scratch this. 

Here's the current build. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhb2znc9gtywvy0/Fighting Blind.btt?dl=0

• 5 years later...