What's next for the Eastern Front?

11 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Just to clarify.. It is Red Thunder not "Storm".

As for time frame I go by the rule, "Whenever it arrives it will have been worth the wait."

Ahh yeah my mistake. 

Yeah im sure it will just wondered if the Devs give a time frame on release? Or how long before its release is it announced?

Im new here so just asking questions on how these great games are released  

OK, If you're new my apologies I should have said "Welcome aboard". Because BFC are a small company catering to a limited sized market they don't release a set number of titles per year. And they don't tend to go in for releasing them for the Christmas market (or at any other specific time of the year) unlike some of the big boys. To the best of my knowledge there are plans to take the Eastern, Western and Italian Fronts up to the end of the war. Although no release date has been set as yet. And for some of us slower players there is more than enough content to keep us going for ages.

On 30/08/2016 at 8:41 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

OK, If you're new my apologies I should have said "Welcome aboard". Because BFC are a small company catering to a limited sized market they don't release a set number of titles per year. And they don't tend to go in for releasing them for the Christmas market (or at any other specific time of the year) unlike some of the big boys. To the best of my knowledge there are plans to take the Eastern, Western and Italian Fronts up to the end of the war. Although no release date has been set as yet. And for some of us slower players there is more than enough content to keep us going for ages.

Yeah im new Thanks. Yeah i know they are only small it a hard game to find or hear of online hopefully this will change in the future and more people will find it. As i myself have always been looking for this type of game. also it seems to have very good graphics i do play in 4K and looks very clean.

No no release dates just ready when it is. 

@ ironcross13 .. It is always good to have new fans of the game. Especially ones who contribute to the forum like yourself. As a new player one of the best ways to learn more about the way it makes use of realistic tactics is to check out the "Armchair General" videos on youtube if you haven't already seen them. 

There are also a lot of good videos that are specific to Red Thunder itself on there.

I watched a few to start me off as i could not get the game i played the tutorial but will no hope lol. I learn about the high ground and how to scout the battlefield from his videos and i picked it up as i played read bits of the manual and googled stuff i did not know. Tooks me a while to realise i could shoot through hedgerows. This game has a steep learning curve but im used to games that do as i came from playing Men Of war Assault Squad 2 online battles that's not a easy game to play also a good WW2 game for smaller battles and some good mods make its tank combat more realistic.  

I think i am not a bad player and been winning battles best win was this (PIC) Hard battle lost many Panzer IVs in that battle 

I just think the game needs more publicity as its a hard game to find 

xeR7cWT.png

7 hours ago, kevinkin said:

Welcome IronCross13. If you have not seen the thread below, it is what the community is mostly going off. There is a lot of good stuff ahead for CM. 

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120172-brief-overview-of-where-cm-is-headed/

Thanks glad to be here. thats some info i was looking for. helped he alot 

Looking forward to it all. i don't own CMFI so i could get that next once im finished with CMBN CMRT CMFB

1 hour ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

You won't regret getting FI.

The terrain and units are very different than everything else in the series and it has a really unique flavor as a result.

I think i will save this one for the last then sounds good.

I have never Studied the Italian Theater of war. only the east and west fronts.

• 2 weeks later...

Vehicle packs for the early war would require a metric buttload of new models. So they'd be a lot more incremental work, in that regard, than a module stepping back a year.

Getting things historically correct is a big motivator for BFC's personnel, I sense. Since that would require things like TO&E changes, I'd imagine they're reluctant to do that until the "scheduled" sequence of game progression comes and they can do the whole thing "proper, like". The BN vehicle pack just added things from the same period as the existing TO&Es and added just the very few elements that the vehicle pack added (flamethrowers and some of the vehicles as options in existing command structures). That's a far cry, conceptually, from just releasing an "orphaned" bunch of vehicle models.

On 5/26/2016 at 2:21 PM, kohlenklau said:

Based on the rate of production of the last several years, I predict we can fight the Barbarossa type battles in around 2025.

But I could be wrong.

It could be later than that....

Timeline2_zpsfrgxwbr4.jpg

Maybe they could create a limited scope early war sampler game Combat Mission Early War with limited content to hold us over til then?

...some Poland 39...a bit of France & the Low Countries 1940...some Barbarossa..some North Africa...

Dial down and put tight restrictions on the scope and content to get it done.

Like model the Panzer II and use it in all those areas. 

Then they turn back to their reverse chronology system. 

Maybe BFC should just go full EA and get into microtransactions? You want a Panzer 38T now? Whip out your wallet.

What we really need is for the aging BFC insiders' wives and(?) girlfriends to start demanding facelifts, boob jobs and tummy tucks so the need for cash is generated and we get some content rolling out of Cassio Lima. :P

Edited by kohlenklau

• 3 years later...
28 minutes ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

Very funny but also gets me a little bit sad 😪 its been so long since CMRT was released I really need snow on the german eastern front ….. ASAP 😀

Well, the CMRT winter mod is a very, very good 'stopgap'. It is so well made that it will give you a great winter experience.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Well, the CMRT winter mod is a very, very good 'stopgap'. It is so well made that it will give you a great winter experience.

Yes, the winter mods are very good, but I'm playtesting a campaign simulating winter conditions and it would be very nice to have the real snow and freezing temp. to see infantry and vehicle behavior in the "real" conditions, but again the winter mods are very good we are fortunate to have such talented modders making mods for CM.

18 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

Yes, the winter mods are very good, but I'm playtesting a campaign simulating winter conditions and it would be very nice to have the real snow and freezing temp. to see infantry and vehicle behavior in the "real" conditions, but again the winter mods are very good we are fortunate to have such talented modders making mods for CM.

I know. And yes, we are fortunate to have those guys.  I hope some of them will return after the CMRT module finally sees the light.