kohlenklau Hurtgen Mods

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The screenshot above shows greatcoats for snow or colder timeframe of the Bulge after 16 Dec. Here is the greatcoat for a bit earlier.

For my tiny scenario I will take advantage of multiple uniforms available to mod an NCO. It is an HQ support team in the weapons platoon of a rifle company set at 50%. 

Hurtgen%20sarge.jpg_zpsqrlwdlv3.png

I will also repackage the burnt stumps and trees with no leaves from Juju and umlaut. Original work done by those fellas.

Edited by kohlenklau

Available for a playtest as Allies vs Axis AI only. Limited time. Act now, operators are standing by!

..and if you call before midnight, you'll get a second set of Ginsu steak knives absolutely free.

Put mods in your CMFB z folder and scenario in your scenario folder.

No spoilers posted here please. PM me feedback, thanks.

When Trumpets Fade V1.0

Oh, that is too bad, the handles on the special set were genuine imitation imported faux pearl.

In the future I plan to make a sherman mod with the vehicle numbers of the 707th Tank Battalion (which operated in support of the 28th Infantry Division in the Hurtgen) and some interesting name on the side like "Mary Lynne"....

Thanks for downloading!

Had yet to enjoy a test ingame, however when opening the mod I saw some file names that might not be recognized by the game "tree-1-leavez [hurtgen].bmp"(should be "tree-1-leaves" afaik).

I didn't knew one can use more than one modtag by the way, good to know!

Would be happy to translate your scenario and Mod's readme to French by the way.

Edited by CMFDR

Hi @CMFDR  Thanks for the post but not to worry "mon ami", it works. The change of the last letter to a bmp file name is an old flavor object modder's trick!

umlaut has a nice pdf here somewhere that explains the system of modding flavor objects as first explored by tempestxxx (tempestzzz?) a guy named Rod! :D

Basically you use the flavor object empty slots for carts or junk and point them towards something other than carts/junk. If you used the same spelling as the stock bmp then it doesn't display your modded version. But the mdr hex files have word counts check sum so if you change the character count it fails. A quick easy change of the last letter is a simple way to solve the issues. 

Edited by kohlenklau

Here is a link to this guy's blog where he creates these awesome books for FREE to download as pdf files.

Quote:
Akhil Kadidal is a writer. This site accommodates a personal interest in the art and events of the Twentieth Century, Modern era.

[IMG]

All art by author except where noted.
Unquote.

This particular page is about Hurtgen but he has done stuff on Stalingrad and Tobruk and many other topics. He does his own art both photoshop for maps and graphics and pen/pencil drawings.

https://chindits.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/hurtgen-campaign/

Here are some of the sketches shown in the book...

[IMG]
Captain Albert Ernst, German tank ace - drawn from a frame of video at the National Archives showing Ernst surrendering to US troops from the 99th Division in Germany, 1945.

[IMG]
German Panzergrenadier

[IMG]
German Artillery Observer

[IMG]
American Greyhound Armored Car drives past a German wreck.

[IMG]
Ernest Hemingway, correspondent for Colliers Magazine, willing participant in combat.

Love the mod.  One suggestion is that vehicle mods should not allow one to see the side of the tank behind the bogey wheels.  If you look at historical pics that area is always shrouded in shadow and dirt and cannot be seen.  At least darken that area down considerably.