The Copse...

Just got round to playing one of the missions from 'Battle Pack One' tonight... had a play through on one of the minor missions 'The Copse'. Could be a bit of a spoiler coming up so don't read on any further if you don't want to know the outcome...

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it! It certainly took me back to my training when I was in the army.... ''Never let tanks advance without clearing woods, defiles, choke points etc by the infantry first''...

Bearing that in mind, with limited resources to hand I worked my way through the map... clear with infantry, meet opposition, infantry go to ground or pull back, covering tanks and light mortar suppress or destroy, infantry go forward to mop up... 

Then screen with smoke before the next move, rinse and repeat... worked like clockwork, but I lost one Sherman. 

The last bit was the tricky bit, but kept the tanks suppressing the last enemy position, while I moved the infantry and the halftracks through to the exit point... after banging hell out of the position I then moved the tanks through as well, keeping their guns trained on the enemy position as they moved to the exit, and end of mission. Got a minor victory, but the Waffen SS came off much worse :)

Well done to the mission maker!