Russian WWII Paintings

49 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I'd be curious to know the background to the two paintings that featured US aircraft.

They've not really anything to do with the Eastern Front. The first is depicting an air raid on Ploesti and the second is just depicting an attack in the West during the winter of 44-45.

4 hours ago, LukeFF said:

They've not really anything to do with the Eastern Front. The first is depicting an air raid on Ploesti and the second is just depicting an attack in the West during the winter of 44-45.

I thought that the first one might be of Ploesti given the burning oil tanks. The second one did have me foxed as to location. I'd still be curious as to who the artist was (if they are by the same person), and how these paintings were regarded in both wartime and cold war Russia

23 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I'd still be curious as to who the artist was (if they are by the same person), and how these paintings were regarded in both wartime and cold war Russia

Nicolas Trudgian. Very prolific WWII aviation artist.