Standard mode of play description

Friends! Romans! Scenario designers!

I come not to drivel about some dead roman dude, but to make a proposal about how we describe mode of play in our scenario descriptions.

Primus; The scenario designer should always include a mode of play description in the primary information. That is the info that can be seen when scrolling thru the scenario menu.

Secundus; There shall be four, and ONLY FOUR possible descriptions. Namely: 'Playable in all modes', 'Playable as H2H only', 'Playable as Allied vs AI', or 'Playable as Axis vs AI'. Possibly, if you want to sound less peremptory we can agree on 'Recommended play as Allied vs AI', 'Recommended play as Axis vs AI', Recommended Play as H2H' or 'Playable in all modes'.

So, what say ye? Shall we stand and be standardized or be forever and confusingly sundered?

Some scenario designers includes a formatted description in their design notes and I must say it makes everybody's life easier imho. Eg. JonS' Die Patrouille :

7674490c5f36b6584e2297d83bb6bc3f.png

I think it would be great if all authors would do the same or similar.

On 17 April 2016 at 1:05 PM, Derfel 2nd said:

Friends! Romans! Scenario designers!

I come not to drivel about some dead roman dude, but to make a proposal about how we describe mode of play in our scenario descriptions.

Primus; The scenario designer should always include a mode of play description in the primary information. That is the info that can be seen when scrolling thru the scenario menu.

Secundus; There shall be four, and ONLY FOUR possible descriptions. Namely: 'Playable in all modes', 'Playable as H2H only', 'Playable as Allied vs AI', or 'Playable as Axis vs AI'. Possibly, if you want to sound less peremptory we can agree on 'Recommended play as Allied vs AI', 'Recommended play as Axis vs AI', Recommended Play as H2H' or 'Playable in all modes'.

So, what say ye? Shall we stand and be standardized or be forever and confusingly sundered?

I agree 100%.