Winter Bulge

Fantastic work...and a mountain of work.

From those last pictures the third, "No reshade, modded shaders", is my favourite. The reshade configuration is making things too saturated for me and although the increased contrast is nice, it is killing details in the shadows. I've not used reshade but I guess it can be tweaked to taste, or it might be possible to go the other way - e.g., reduce saturation of the textures for use with reshade or increase their contrast for use without reshade. Worghern, would you be OK with people adjusting your modded textures for personal use (not redistribution)?

Super duper excellent!  In the link above, I see a bunch of .env files, then the last one is a 777MB reshade file.

Does the reshade one include everything, all the .env files, just with reshade turned on?

Finally, how do we extract these .env files, please?

39 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

Cool Absolutely wonderfull ! Now give Normandy the same love ;)

Thank you very much DesertFox !  For the Normandy, Aris already made a fantastic work for this opus. I just up some textures for my tastes + my own Reshade optimization...

682821CMNormandy20160504013917.png

9 minutes ago, Offshoot said:

From those last pictures the third, "No reshade, modded shaders", is my favourite. The reshade configuration is making things too saturated for me and although the increased contrast is nice, it is killing details in the shadows. I've not used reshade but I guess it can be tweaked to taste, or it might be possible to go the other way - e.g., reduce saturation of the textures for use with reshade or increase their contrast for use without reshade. Worghern, would you be OK with people adjusting your modded textures for personal use (not redistribution)?

Thanks Offshoot,

Here are some new tests with a better optimization of Reshade + BarbaricCo Shaders. As you can see (and you've made a good point), shadows are softer, among others...

489659CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160504010454.pn

486971CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160504010526.pn

410919CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160504010620.pn

13 minutes ago, FroBodine said:

Super duper excellent!  In the link above, I see a bunch of .env files, then the last one is a 777MB reshade file.

Does the reshade one include everything, all the .env files, just with reshade turned on?

Finally, how do we extract these .env files, please?

Hi FroBodine,

Thanks very much for the kind words :)

Are you talking about the links shared there is one hour ago in this topic by me or are you talking about files shared to greenasjade.net by Shane ?

Edited by Worghern

777kb its the reshade exe and settings

first impressions by the way.... very wow!

Well done Worghern

P.S - check your mini ground dirt ploughed ew[cold].bmp for a typo (mssing space) in the file name - its not being used.

Edited by Jace11

6 minutes ago, FroBodine said:

I'm talking about the link shared by Jace11, as below:

Its actually been on cmiii mods for awhile now, if you know where to look...

It is 777 KB ;)

Btw, the install process is explained in the first 7z; env.000

To extract it, you have to use winrar, 7zip or Winzip, as you wish.

Edited by Worghern

56 minutes ago, Offshoot said:

Worghern, would you be OK with people adjusting your modded textures for personal use (not redistribution)?

By the way, I can not advise you to alter the textures. I do not forbid you, I do not recommend it to you just because, first, as I have explained, this is a BETA release (everything is explained in the readme), I shared only as soon as possible for all the community. However, there is still a lot of work. If you transform textures now, you might have incompatibilities with the next update.

Edited by Worghern

First and most important, THANK YOU to Worghern for your tremendous work!  I've installed the package and it's really impressive.

However, is anyone else having trouble getting the SweetFX shader working?  I followed the Readme file closely (I've used SweetFX in other contexts and know how sensitive it is) -- correctly applied gfx settings in-game and also in my Nvidia Control Panel. But something is very clearly not working for me. For example, on the main game menu, the background fades in and out with this 'static' pattern and the text is blurry -- never seen anything like it.

I've removed the Shader for now but would love to know if anyone else has gotten it working without difficulty?

My next, and hopefully last stupid question . . . 

Do I put all five unzipped files into my Z folder separately, as five folders, e.g. .env.001a, .env.001b, .env.001c, .env.002, and .env.003?

Or, do I combine all five of these folders into one folder?  Or does it not matter?

Your readme says to place my "Worghern Final Blitzkrieg Environment" folder into my Z folder.  But, I don't have that folder anywhere.  I just have five unzipped folders as noted above.  

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

12 minutes ago, sandman2575 said:

First and most important, THANK YOU to Worghern for your tremendous work!  I've installed the package and it's really impressive.

However, is anyone else having trouble getting the SweetFX shader working?  I followed the Readme file closely (I've used SweetFX in other contexts and know how sensitive it is) -- correctly applied gfx settings in-game and also in my Nvidia Control Panel. But something is very clearly not working for me. For example, on the main game menu, the background fades in and out with this 'static' pattern and the text is blurry -- never seen anything like it.

I've removed the Shader for now but would love to know if anyone else has gotten it working without difficulty?

There is always some issue with sweetfx and the interface. Deactivate your AA in the options of the game and your nvidia control panel. If you do not want to be embarrassed by this, disable it using the "scroll lock" when you are on the menu and then, reactivate it once you're in a game.

Thank you for your support Sandman ;)

Edited by Worghern

7 minutes ago, FroBodine said:

My next, and hopefully last stupid question . . . 

Do I put all five unzipped files into my Z folder separately, as five folders, e.g. .env.001a, .env.001b, .env.001c, .env.002, and .env.003?

Or, do I combine all five of these folders into one folder?  Or does it not matter?

Your readme says to place my "Worghern Final Blitzkrieg Environment" folder into my Z folder.  But, I don't have that folder anywhere.  I just have five unzipped folders as noted above.  

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Whatever. The file was split because it was too imposing. That's all. 0001a, 001b, 001c is the ground folder; merge them. All the folder in your Z folder. that's it. ;)

Edited by Worghern

17 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

Worghern the screenshots don't do your work the full justice it deserves, it looks even better when playing.

Thank you for your hard work.

15 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

I just have the demo for now, but this mod really adds to the atmosphere of the game. No doubt I will be buying it very soon.

Many thanks for your hard work on this, Worghern. It is very much appreciated!

Waow ! Tank you very much comrades, it gives me great pleasure ! :D

Edited by Worghern

Will you always post here when you patch/modify your files, so we know there is a new version?

You are the new kid on the block Worghern, but you're definitely no rookie!  Your work transforms CMFB into a work of art.

As has been said many, many times before, Battlefront is insane to not hire Aris, Juju, the guy who does the excellent sound mods, and now you, Worghern, to do all the graphics and sound for their games.  

Their engine is wonderful, you modders are they eye and ear candy.  

Battlefront - you guys need to really consider using these folks talent!

-=Jeff

Edited by FroBodine

6 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

what is the patch addressing?

The patch is a graphic update of the mod, add new shaders and update Sweetfx.

-New smoke textures

-New horizon textures

-New shaders

-Correction of divers textures.

-Sweetfx settings Update

Edited by Worghern