Winter Bulge

I'd be interested to know what the potential hit could be on graphics processing? And I assume the textures are not high def, but still stock res? Thirdly what about the lod transition from high/low textures, is this heavily affected due to the pronounced higher lod difference - not that it is exactly smooth in stock CM but still?

1 hour ago, The Steppenwulf said:

I'd be interested to know what the potential hit could be on graphics processing? And I assume the textures are not high def, but still stock res? Thirdly what about the lod transition from high/low textures, is this heavily affected due to the pronounced higher lod difference - not that it is exactly smooth in stock CM but still?

Good questions. I'm working with "High Definition" because it's more simple to reduct than to increase def. It means that I will release a stock def version and high def version for those interesting for (and with the pc for). Personnaly, check my rig:

• Computer Case: Antec P193
  • Power Suply: eVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2
  • Processor: QuadCore i7_960@3316 MHz
  • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8
  • Motherboard: eVGA X58 SLI MICRO
  • RAM: Corsair 12Go DDRIII-1333
  • GPU: eVGA GTX 980 Ti Sc+ACX2.0+Bp (6Go DDR5)
  • Monitor: iiyama ProLite E2607WS [26" LCD]
  • Operating System: Windows Seven x64
  • Mouse: Logitech G600
  • Keyboard: Logitech G19s
  • Advanced Gameboard: Logitech G13
  • Joystick: Logitech Flight System G940
  • Headphones & Mic: Logitech G35 Surround
  • Speakers: Creative Labs 5.1 Inspire T6100
  • TrackIR: NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 Pro
  • Connection: Optical Fiber DL:400mb UP:20mb

Regarding lod, I suppose that you're talking about "mini" bitmaps. Of course, I realize them, depending on the texture changed, for better readability in play, in addition to impeccable aesthetics. Thx to your interest ;)

If you have some others questions don't hesitate, it will be a pleasure for me to answer. :) 

Edited by Worghern

Versy stunning! :) I like the contrast and overall color matching, as well as detail works. Definitely will use it, once it´s ready!

Two questions:

Is shadows turned on or off in your example missions and related screenshots?

Were you able to resolve the odd distortion effects for both the ploughed field terrain tiles (snow, non snow)? 

47 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Versy stunning! :) I like the contrast and overall color matching, as well as detail works. Definitely will use it, once it´s ready!

Two questions:

Is shadows turned on or off in your example missions and related screenshots?

Were you able to resolve the odd distortion effects for both the ploughed field terrain tiles (snow, non snow)? 

First question: I will show you screens with and without shadows.

Second question: You are talking about "moiré pattern" ? To reduce this effect you have to activate and adjust the "anisotropic filtering" with the program of your video card. It will reduce it, not completely eliminate it. This is due to high contrasted parallel lines on textures. The goal would be, ideally, to not create too contrasting textures...I have reduced this effect by creating a less contrasting ploughed field texture under the snow. I have to adjusted again colorimetry to reduce it again. I will do my best;)

1 hour ago, Worghern said:

First question: I will show you screens with and without shadows.

Second question: You are talking about "moiré pattern" ? To reduce this effect you have to activate and adjust the "anisotropic filtering" with the program of your video card. It will reduce it, not completely eliminate it. This is due to high contrasted parallel lines on textures. The goal would be, ideally, to not create too contrasting textures...I have reduced this effect by creating a less contrasting ploughed field texture under the snow. I have to adjusted again colorimetry to reduce it again. I will do my best;)

Yes, the moiré pattern. Did try with NVidia CPL the various AF settings some time ago, yet results weren´t satisfying unfortunately. Since then I´ve settled with Kieme´s No Distortion mod, which does the purpose quite perfectly for me. :)

8 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Yes, the moiré pattern. Did try with NVidia CPL the various AF settings some time ago, yet results weren´t satisfying unfortunately. Since then I´ve settled with Kieme´s No Distortion mod, which does the purpose quite perfectly for me. :)

Between us, it's a detail (and I know, details make it all)....If you like plowed field, you'll get an effect of "moire" (although it can be reduced), or you want the clay courts and you don't have one...I have reduced it but, as I said, I couldn't make it completely disapear ;) You have to use AF 16x to reduce it to the maximum.

Edited by Worghern

I too have probs with the moire pattern, and find that altering the anistropic settings to 16x etc doesn't get rid of it.  Your mod looks superb, Worghern, and it would be great if you could do a version of the ploughed fields that would be without a pattern that led to that dizzying, swirling effect. I'm happy with clay courts, as you say. Kieme's mod (which I have in RT) doesn't work with the snowy ploughed fields I assume, Harry? 

Peter

22 hours ago, Hafer said:

Stunning. Looks like a new game to me. Sorry, but CM is nothing without it's modders! ;-))

Disagree.CM is not "nothing without it's modders"ALL the  praise for the modders and all their hard work,but CM out of the box(unmodded) is a great game,  the relationship is mutual, they mod because they love CM, without CM there is nothing.They enhance, improve the astetics of the game.You can't mod the engine. 

1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

Disagree.CM is not "nothing without it's modders"ALL the  praise for the modders and all their hard work,but CM out of the box(unmodded) is a great game,  the relationship is mutual, they mod because they love CM, without CM there is nothing.They enhance, improve the astetics of the game.You can't mod the engine. 

For sure Battlefront's CM is a great license, even without mods. Hafer let talking his enthusiasm about it. I appreciate its support. We all share the same passion here. I'm playing it since the very begining beta of CM1 and all wargamers we are, don't doubt about great qualities of the game.

3 hours ago, peter thomas said:

I too have probs with the moire pattern, and find that altering the anistropic settings to 16x etc doesn't get rid of it.  Your mod looks superb, Worghern, and it would be great if you could do a version of the ploughed fields that would be without a pattern that led to that dizzying, swirling effect. I'm happy with clay courts, as you say. Kieme's mod (which I have in RT) doesn't work with the snowy ploughed fields I assume, Harry? 

Peter

Thanks for the kind words Peter. I'll do my best. In the current state, I greatly reduce this effect, as I stated above, while maintaining the appearance of a plowed field. I will show you some pictures later;)

Edited by Worghern

1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

Hm you know the meaning of this kind of smilie at the end of my post ";-)"...

Edited by Hafer

Remember that many here don't have English as their first language.  It's a miracle we understand each other at all.  I can barely understand American English (or Scottish for that matter). 

One has to be so careful what one says here in case one inadvertently starts a blood feud with some psycho coming after you, your family, your pet... and everything you loved.  ...Oh wait...  that was a movie I saw...  Never mind...

On 27/4/2016 at 0:46 AM, Heinrich505 said:

Worghern,

Those posts look like postcards.  Amazing effects.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505

On 25/4/2016 at 5:25 PM, CMFDR said:

Herculean work there!

On 26/4/2016 at 7:16 AM, Waycool said:

Very impressive looking forward to its release.

1 hour ago, verulam said:

A stunning achievement.

Thank you comrades for your kind words and your support, it's really welcome :) 

Thanks to all people I forgot; I'm really proud that my work pleases you. B)