CM Helper 1.7.3 - CMFB support - available

Hey all,

A version of CM Helper that supports CMFB is available at:

http://bit.ly/cm-helper

Because I don't actually have CMFB myself (simply haven't got around to obtaining it), this release has had limited testing by me, but a few folk who've tried it tell me that it works OK.

If you are not keen on encountering problems, you might want to hold off a little to see if there are quirks to be gotten out.

If you are willing to take a plunge, go for it.   Let me know of any issues through "the usual channels" (Help->Report Bug is good).

GaJ

I think it's safe to update while games are in progress: I'm pretty sure that's what the test users have done.

The "opponents" tab alludes to a number of ideas that were in the works, though are kind of on the backburner at the moment: keeping track of your games and results after you finished, finding opponents etc.    Since most H2H players are in clubs, I'm not entirely convinced those ideas need implementing ...

8 hours ago, __Yossarian0815[jby] said:

Works fine, thank you!

Not important at all, but while I have your attention, how does CMH tell which version the game is?

CMSF, CMFI, CMBS, CMFB are displayed correctly

CMBN, CMA not

This relies on someone telling me which BRZs are in the Data folder for each version (and for each OS, if they are different)

It doesn't need a new release of CMH to update that information (CMH fetches if from a web site where I store that info).

It does need someone to tell me though.

I am still having the same issue. I can point at the install, but once targeted, if I click choose, it clears and still shows as not installed (so grey out).

I am a mac user, and I have the installs on a removable hard drive. Could that be the issue? All other games work fine...

Any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting duplicate games showing after updating?

I opened a ticket #357

Running v1.7.6 beta on a Mac...

Had same problem with v1.7.5 also on same Mac..

Any way to clean up these duplicate entries without losing one of them which is a live game?

Thanks...

Regards,

Doug

I'm running v1.7.6 beta on a Mac but NOT having this problem, so from that I'd guess it is something specific to you (sadly!), rather than generic to the Mac beta version ...

Any more info on how / when the duplicates are happening?

Did you delete the old version you were running before adding the new version to Applications and running it?

No, I deleted the old version after installing the new one and I think that's the problem.  I wanted to make sure the new version workedf first.\\

Most likely one of those Apple config type files that has duplicate info now.

Any idea which one it is and how I can edit or clean it up?

Thanks...

Regards,

Doug

I'm only guessing that that may be the problem ...

What I usually do is drag the old app to the trash, place the new version in Applications, then run it.

There is a CMH configuration file (appstate.txt ???) that remembers the title installations (including duplicates, IIRC) and the battles / games in progress, and so the updated version doesn't start from scratch but finds / knows of the state of the previous version.

Or at least, this is how it has worked for me, deleting the old one first before running the new version.

Given where you are, I'd first off try deleting both versions of the app (if you still have them both), then perhaps worth re-starting the machine (tho not sure that's strictly necessary), and then re-installing the new version again as the only one. See if that cures it?

If not, find and delete the appstate.txt file and then run the new version again. Doing this bit may well mean (cannot remember since the last time I needed to do this) that you have to re-find the battles and their linked drop boxes, but that shouldn't be too much hassle hopefully ...

If you run the "Show CMH log window" option, the first line of the log is the path to where that log file is stored; the appstate.txt file is in the same place. (The log file will also highlight errors it finds, which may offer different hints to the problem, if the above doesn't fix it.)

Hope this helps!

Edited by PhilM
additional information

4 hours ago, BadgerDog said:

Thanks Phil .... :)

I also received a response to by trouble ticket, suggesting I do exactly the same thing, delete appstate.txt and restart CMH..

I did that and it's fixed!!!

Appreciate the help from both of you .. ;)

Regards,

Doug

Glad you are sorted. PBEM CM games without CMH is like going back to the stone age ...