My Review

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, James Cobb said:

Thanks, Grunt GI.

Bodybag,

I originally had great shots of Stugs, Wirbelwind, etc., but, as I mentioned above, my screen capture app went bonkers and I didn't have time to re-do everything.

But now your screenshots are letting the game down. There is a lot at stake for this company.

Okay, trees being mentioned as OFF: covered by another comment.

Horribly simplified graphics and close LOD settings: also covered by another poster.

What's not covered? Simple. We need to begin a kickstarter campaign for you to juice up your review computer! Egads, man! If you're going to do computer game reviews (which you do quite well), you need a COMPUTER which will also kick butt!! Seriously, did you run jumpers from your wrist watch to your screen to for those shots? ;)

C'mon BFC'ers, who wants to pledge some support to help James Cobb get a rig which will let CM shine in his reviews?

Cash or parts...we can build it!

What have we got lying around?

Ken

Edited by c3k

Well written review! :) No idea what happenend with some the screenshots, which are really bad. Check graphics options and crank up. Turn off objective zones. Don´t move camera too close to objects, so they look cut off (clipping). Beside that, making really good sceenshots is more sort of an art anyway.

Why don't you use some of Battlefronts own screenshots from their product-page?

I'm sure they want them used in a review of the game, and there are 20+ to choose from. A lot of reviewers use screenshots provided by game-developers.

They are in high resolution, 2,5 K and 4 K and looks great,- way better than any of yours.

Cheers,

6 hours ago, James Cobb said:

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/review-combat-mission-final-blitzkrieg/

From your review:

Replay value is great with an easy Quick Battle generator, a powerful editor, hotseat/Internet/PBEM play and five levels of difficulty. Each level enhances AI cunning which is pretty good even at lower levels.

I don't believe the comment concerning the AI is accurate.  My understanding is that the AI's "decisions" are the same at all difficulty levels.  The difference between the levels is the amount of information available to the player and the delay associated with certain actions such as spotting.

12 hours ago, Agua said:

I don't believe the comment concerning the AI is accurate.  My understanding is that the AI's "decisions" are the same at all difficulty levels.  The difference between the levels is the amount of information available to the player and the delay associated with certain actions such as spotting.

Yeah the fact is there's very little AI to move troops around, it's all done by the scenario designer setting various groups of units to move at various times, or triggering when the player moves into various areas. But of course, we as players have the imagination to "trick" ourselves a lot to explain why something happens or not in the game.

13 hours ago, FroBodine said:

He gets the point, but it would be really nice if the screenshots were replaced with better versions.  They really make the game look bad, except for a couple shots of the Tiger tanks.

Apparently, once something is uploaded to his webpage, it can never ever be updated, changed or removed. What you do in life echoes in eternity...

Unfortunately James has refused to change the screenshots either by retaking them himself or accepting my offer to have us or even you guys redo them.  I was told off for even asking.  Needless to say we do not find that attitude either professional or even comprehensible.

I'm still pretty much puzzled by the response I got, but it is what it is.

Steve