Ithikial's Combat Mission Career Record System

And I think I've PDF'd and uploaded the wrong version of the read me. That'll teach me for finishing this off while I'm flat out at work and other RL matters. :P

Link below should be with correct Read Me. @IanL - Try copying and pasting over following the instructions in this read me.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=3847

Apologies.

jiFfM.jpg

Yes, the paste values was the ticket.  Face palm of my own since I am not really an Excel novice - though clearly not as well versed as you.  After doing that things went more smoothly.  But not perfect...

In the instructions you say:

"I’m a loyal customer! How do I copy over data from a previous version?
1. Open a copy of both the old version (with existing game results) and the blank new version in Microsoft Excel.
2. On the older version with your existing data, click and drag to select all the rows holding your recorded games until ‘Column Z’ (Allied Other Vehicles Destroyed).
"

Step 2 goes to far and would stomp on some of those italic columns.  You can go as far as Column V "Allied MIA" in one pass and then do the other green section and the two red sections each separately.

It also did not help my "Casualties Caused by Country" graph.  The top two are dataless while the bottom two have data:

messedupgraphs.jpg

I PM'ed you a link to my excel file so you can  have a look if you like.

• 3 years later...
On 4/13/2016 at 3:17 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

I've always thought there was a good correlation between wargamers also being data nerds.

You're very likely correct :)

I have my own file where I note some basic details about the games I play, but nothing like your spreadsheet. I doubt I play enough games to really make the statistics features really fly, but will try it out. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 10:28 AM, Malaspina said:

Hi! I've just started using this. Looks cool.

It is totally cool!

On 2/1/2021 at 10:28 AM, Malaspina said:

How do I update the cells for "Real World Date"? The default options go from January 2011 to December 2020. How can I change that from, say, from January 2021 to December 2064? ;)

Sorry this took me so long to get to. You probably don't want to do all the work to get to 2064 right now :-). Here is what you do:

Open the spread sheet to the "DO NOT TOUCH" tab - yeah we are touch'n it - sorry @Ithikial_AU

1) image.thumb.png.ebfee1dc1436eaa7f27f4d263b82ce89.png

Enter some new dates - I don't recommend getting too carried away but you do you :-):

image.thumb.png.4e549f3a1015a1a8b9a2bc748dcc7fe8.png

Open the "Name Manager" (on the Formulas tab):

image.png.534f89c60f59821f83f1e5aa251640d3.png

Pick the "Real_World_Date" entry and update the range to include your newly added dates:

image.thumb.png.9a99ff679cbb2b7078707b3fef450820.png

That should cover it.

On 2/14/2021 at 6:58 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

What he said. ;) You may need to manually update the pivot tables as well to read the new dates. Excel can be a bit funny in that area. There is an update planned a little while from now that has the real world date extended to 2030.

Ooo I didn't think of that. I'll just wait for the update and avoid digging into that aspect.