Quick Battle Twitch stream starting in 15 minutes

Missed over half of it but just the highlights from what I witnessed:

- Chaffee recon tanks with Chris in command equal one brewed tank.

- Recon in platoon force. I had a sickening feeling in my gut watching I think the JagTiger put one round that decimated that platoon. And then followed up by enemy artillery. So many bodies.

- Awesome to see a 155mm round hit a JagTiger and still live (not sure how that tank lived through that shot!!!)

- Chris is facing a court martial

LOL! Excellent stream Chris. I look forward to next week!

15 hours ago, [MyIS] Buffpuff said:

- Recon in platoon force. I had a sickening feeling in my gut watching I think the JagTiger put one round that decimated that platoon. And then followed up by enemy artillery. So many bodies.

LOL! Excellent stream Chris. I look forward to next week!

I believe the comment was "Recon by platoon..."  Sadly I had to leave just as the Germans were hustling into the first set of buildings and he was punishing the second ATG, so have to watch the vid to get all his "tactical battle management" pointers. :)

Hi, ChrisND--

Thanks for hosting these sessions; I took a several year sabbatical from CM but am now back with CMFB, and yesterday's live stream was very helpful and informative.  It definitely got me motivated to jump back in and start playing.

I did have a quick question on the JagdTiger's deployment by the AI, though.  If you were managing the German defenses, would you have allowed the JagdTiger to move up and into the town?  I would have thought that it might be a better use of this asset to keep it as far away as possible from enemy forces (particularly those in a built up area), perhaps in an overwatch position up on the ridge behind the town (I missed the first 20 minutes of your live stream when I suspect you overviewed the terrain, so perhaps there wasn't as good of a LOS from there as it seemed...)?  

Anyway, thanks again for a very entertaining and educational session (BTW, don't drop the soap in Leavenworth...)!   :^)

4 hours ago, Sabot6 said:

I did have a quick question on the JagdTiger's deployment by the AI, though.  If you were managing the German defenses, would you have allowed the JagdTiger to move up and into the town?  I would have thought that it might be a better use of this asset to keep it as far away as possible from enemy forces (particularly those in a built up area), perhaps in an overwatch position up on the ridge behind the town (I missed the first 20 minutes of your live stream when I suspect you overviewed the terrain, so perhaps there wasn't as good of a LOS from there as it seemed...)?  

I wouldn't have moved the Jagdtiger up there, no. This is why human players will always be better than AI for a very long time unless the AI is given lots of "cheats" to help it along (in fact from now on I plan on giving the AI a much bigger force bonus in my Quick Battles). In a Quick Battle the AI simply can't make the sort of sensical contextual decisions that a human can. In a normal mission, of course, the AI's big decisions would have been scripted beforehand by a human designer and so it is unlikely that the Jagdtiger would have been used like this, because the human designer would have scripted different orders for it. That is more difficult to pull off in a Quick Battle where the AI plans have to be made assuming that just about any type of force mix could be used.

There are some things we can do to help it along, though, and in fact I'm already thinking of what could be done to improve the AI's Quick Battle handling of certain vehicle types such turretless vehicles. However the behavior would still have to be applied in a general sense and won't be optimal in all of the limitless complex situations you can put the AI into.

On 4/14/2016 at 4:55 AM, ChrisND said:

I GET RESULTS (said in my best renegade cop voice)

If results means at least one tank commander 6 feet under then you do an admirable job of same!!! LOL! Quick question Chris (since I'm messing with the scenario editor at the moment): What does giving the AI a force bonus do exactly? Does it mean the AI gets a bigger points pool to purchase units from?