Towed 57mm ATG

Had a question about the 57mm ATG.  Can it be towed by Jeeps.  Its possible I purchased the wrong bloody jeeps, but wanted to do the RAT Patrol..ish.... and get some ATG up to an ambush site quickly.. I swear to God I have seen them in numerous pictures being towed by Jeeps.  Maybe it was the 37mm... damn.. long day at work.

My question then.. did I use the wrong Jeeps.. or is this even possible.

Thanks,

JD

Edited by GhostRider3/3

47 minutes ago, womble said:

A quick test shows that the crew of a 57mm is 6 men. And that if you dismount the jeep driver, the crew and gun can mount up on a jeep.

I'm also surprised that the QB Infantry Battalion doesn't come with jeeps to haul its AT platoon's guns around...

Good point Womble.  I will start using that technique...  I can always use drivers for something.

As already mentioned, they can be towed by jeeps but purchasing them individually as prime movers means you have to dismount the drivers. The Glider/AirLanding (and possibly the Airborne, can't recall) formations for the Allies come with the jeeps by default in the TO&E. 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:49 PM, Rinaldi said:

As already mentioned, they can be towed by jeeps but purchasing them individually as prime movers means you have to dismount the drivers. The Glider/AirLanding (and possibly the Airborne, can't recall) formations for the Allies come with the jeeps by default in the TO&E. 

Nice... I thought that they would for the Airborne troops, but I know I had seen, or thought I had seen pictures of jeeps towing 37mm and 57mm guns.... looked like regular Army. 

I am going to do some quick battles and play around with it.  Thanks for the input everyone.  Cheers!