Any plans for Vin's animated text to be updated

I use the "Light" personally as I think it makes the more important graphics actions stick out as Holman stated. I never intended to have a graphic for "spotting" for that reason when coming up with the concept, but Marco liked having a graphic so the decision was made to have two versions to give more options for preference. Of all the actions "spotting" was the one that didn't fall into place easily when coming up with what graphics to use for the actions. The one you see was the third try that felt right and looked good to me. Your lucky we didn't stick with he first graphic Marco made which was a pair of glasses. Marco got a good laugh when I told him I thought it looked more like a pair of saggy tits instead :D

Edited by Vinnart

• 3 years later...
On 12/31/2016 at 11:42 AM, Mad Mike said:

How detailed do you need that tutorial to be?

Basically it's quite easy:

1. RezExplode the newest brz archive containing the new strings.txt (e.g. final blitzkrieg v200.brz).
    Note: Mac users are already sh*t out of luck at this point, since there still is no RezExplode utility available on Mac, as far as I know.
    But you can try to ask a friendly Windows user to provide the file for you, they are platform independent ;).

2. Locate the Animated Text Mod folder, rename the strings.txt in this folder to something like strings_old.txt.

3. Copy the exploded strings.txt from step 1 into the Animated Text Mod folder.

4. Open both files (strings.txt , strings_old.txt) in Notepad++. Use the Notepadd++ plugin "Compare" to easily compare both files.

5. Locate the "Soldier State Display" section, it should also show the most differences in the "Compare Nav Bar" (currently around line ~5200).

6. Copy the animated text blocks one to one from the strings_old.txt into strings.txt.

7. Save strings.txt, delete strings_old.txt.

Voila, you're finished. Takes about 5 minutes, I'm doing this regularly now for all updates. Just don't want to go through the extra effort of packaging, uploading etc., which in any case takes longer than doing the adjustments. Anyway, it's not my mod ..

Hi,

Thanks for the guide. Just want to confirm is it only the "soldier state" section we need to update. I tried this for CMFI using the "soldier state" section from Vins CMFI201Heavy Mod and copying it line by line to the "exploded" original strings.txt but I still end up with unit names and equipment descriptions all messed up.

9 hours ago, AVR said:

Hi,

Thanks for the guide. Just want to confirm is it only the "soldier state" section we need to update. I tried this for CMFI using the "soldier state" section from Vins CMFI201Heavy Mod and copying it line by line to the "exploded" original strings.txt but I still end up with unit names and equipment descriptions all messed up.

Yep, I think that should be all. If the names are messed up, then obviously something is wrong. Maybe check if you didn't by accident create a blank line or something like that? Can happen easily and would already mess everything up.

• 8 months later...