Hilarious video

18 hours ago, cool breeze said:

If that is Micheal Dorosh, I still think we should get him back on the forum somehow... maybe just because I missed all the drama... but still, feels almost a little sad how a few of the die hard fans are stuck on the outside.  I motion that all permanent bans become one or two year bans followed by permanent probation.  Fwiw ;).    Plus the trolls ARE kinda fun sometimes.... would be kinda boring if they some how ALL ended up getting themselves banned.  Not M.D. was a troll, just trolls are banned a lot. 

Not in a million years .... if you missed the drama then rummage around the archives.

10 hours ago, IanL said:

I could not disagree more. With respect :) though.

Just this last week we have had worthwhile conversations about half tracks, stug crew behaviour and fortifications. Heck there are likely to be changes to the game. It has been a refreshing change. Those threads would have utterly failed to be productive without the recent removals - or the older ones still standing. Trolls wreck things for everyone.  I never want to see them here again.

I tend to agree. Most of the people who were banned were given ample repeated warnings that their behavior was not acceptable. And given that the range of behaviors that are deemed acceptable is very broad, anyone who couldn't settle into one of those must be very twisted indeed. And after all, it's not as if they were beheaded or something. They are still out there somewhere, usually posting in whatever style they can get away with. Anyone who truly misses one can surely track him down.

Every board, indeed every venue for expression and communication, has some kinds of limits whether formal and defined or informal and whatever the boss is in the mood for that day. And if the pressure ever starts to get to one, he can take a voluntary break before he gets banned. And that leaves open the possibility that if he wants to, he can come back. And if he doesn't want to come back...well it's still a big internet out there. Seems to me that is how grownups do it and this is one area where we might take a cue from them.

Michael

OK I see I have no seconds and have been thoroughly "out voted"  by those more knowledgeable on the subject.  However I wasn't imagining they would all come swarming back at once to take over the forums but just that a few might eventually notice and be grateful for the mercy/second chance and try again with lessons learned.  I AM grateful for the recent bans to be honest but would be happy to see em again in a year or two.

Edited by cool breeze

Also I gotta say that I get way to much enjoyment from seeing the deathblow dealt after all the build up, and I like the idea of seeing some people continue being the jerks they are just to gt the swift "permanent" re-ban. ;)

And Finally Dloading it as a 30th Bday present to myself!

" I AM grateful for the recent bans to be honest but would be happy to see em again in a year or two. "*

*so they can be banned again ;)

Edited by cool breeze

8 hours ago, cool breeze said:

...a few might eventually notice and be grateful for the mercy/second chance and try again with lessons learned.

If I may say so, I believe you misunderstand the psychology of the majority of those banned. They are generally spoiled, egotistical sociopaths with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. Hardly anything could be further from their personal makeup than feelings of gratitude and an appropriate response to those feelings. My apologies to anyone to whom this might not apply, but that's how I see it.

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

If I may say so, I believe you misunderstand the psychology of the majority of those banned. They are generally spoiled, egotistical sociopaths with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. Hardly anything could be further from their personal makeup than feelings of gratitude and an appropriate response to those feelings. My apologies to anyone to whom this might not apply, but that's how I see it.

Michael

20/20 vision mate.