No Vehicle Tracks in the snow?

I do not think it is a matter of not showing them to keep the game running smoothly on older computers but rather a limitation of the game code.  If you had the older CM2 games you would know that running over fences and hedgerows and also driving through water gives away the positions of your vehicles causing that even though none of your units have a spot on that said unit.  The way the system is now you would be able to track your enemies by watching their snow tracks.  

I do agree with you though that it would greatly increase the immersion of the game.

Yeah no tracks in the snow is to bad. You really don't want all tracks to be seen by everyone - like the damage to fences. That would be one option. The problem with making tracks a spottable featue was the load on the system was just too much. Believe me you don't want that. A couple of other ideas were kicked around but didn't work out. I think there are some thoughts on this for the future but for now it is the way it is.

11 hours ago, cdcool said:

It's snow , you need tracks and footprints, no way around that.

Actually it's even worse on summer terrain, since a real tank will dig nice big brown earth tracks that stand out against the green grass, but a track on snow is often just white like the rest of the snow. You can definitely see the track in the snow, but it's less obvious than on summer ground.

Edited by Bulletpoint

The "other" game simulates this nicely by showing the tracks as the vehicle drives and then they fade away after a couple seconds.  I am sure that is their way of dealing with this being a resource hog.  No multiplayer in this game allows them not to worry about the issues that we see in CM.