Work on Patch v1.01 has started

Just a heads-up for you guys that we've already begun work on the first patch!

More information will follow when we've progressed a bit further with the patch. Everything posted in this is being read, even if it doesn't get a reply.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on a large effort post regarding TCP/IP turn based play and fortifications that move or disappear for one or both players. Its not Final Blitzkrieg specific, but in 2 days I've already played a game where all the foxholes disappeared for the client player. Is that a known issue?

1 minute ago, SgtHatred said:

I'm working on a large effort post regarding TCP/IP turn based play and fortifications that move or disappear for one or both players. Its not Final Blitzkrieg specific, but in 2 days I've already played a game where all the foxholes disappeared for the client player. Is that a known issue?

I haven't heard of that one, and will be very interested in seeing the details.

Chris,

While playing the 2nd Training Mission, I noticed an irregularity with one of my rifle squads as they approached the "attack position.  I had given them an assault command on the previous turn.  At the end of that turn, I noticed they had not moved.  Upon further investigation, I saw the rifles of all 12 men (in Green) shown in the unit display, but could only see 8 men on the field.  On the next turn I sent the squad forward with a Quick Command, yet the floating icon stayed with the original location, and only 8 men responded to the Quick Command.  I never could find the other 4 men on the field.

Edited by Rafter11

5 hours ago, ChrisND said:

I haven't heard of that one, and will be very interested in seeing the details.

While I work on my fortifications effort-post, I've run across another problem I and several of my friends have encountered in previous games.

Brutal icon flicker making the game nearly unplayable in TCP/IP turn-based mode. After a few turns the opponent (so far, the client user is always the first one to run into the problem). His icons will begin to flicker, getting worse and worse. Eventually the host player's icons will begin the same flickering, and the game will become unplayable about 5 turns in. Reloading a save game does not appear to fix the flickering issue. It appears to be random as to when this will occur.

Also, as a test I sent the file to a couple of friends, who tried to load game (neither were original participants). The game loaded, but they also immediately saw the flickering.

I've attached the save game. If earlier saved games from this game would help, I can provide.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=33A7989A62CBA6C!22724&authkey=!AJoX8XX1icnJRFs&ithint=file%2cbts

Edited by SgtHatred

I too have had this happen.  Recently I was playing a game with a friend and his Icons started flickering in CM Red Thunder.  After about 5 or 6 turns mine began to flicker while his were disappearing completely.  An annoying bug to be sure as it made the units difficult to see, interact with, and the constant flickering was quite distracting. 

One thing I have noticed that I never saw before is that when I go to place a waypoint for personnel on foot, the yellow square that is supposed to indicate where the WP is going to go and the ultimate position of the WP do not quite match up. That is to say, when I move the cursor and a yellow square is positioned where I want the unit to go, then click on that location, the white dot of the WP shows up just a little to the right of the location where the yellow square was. Not really a game breaker since I play in WEGO and have plenty of time to move the WP around if I need to, but it is a trifle disconcerting.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

One thing I have noticed that I never saw before is that when I go to place a waypoint for personnel on foot, the yellow square that is supposed to indicate where the WP is going to go and the ultimate position of the WP do not quite match up. That is to say, when I move the cursor and a yellow square is positioned where I want the unit to go, then click on that location, the white dot of the WP shows up just a little to the right of the location where the yellow square was. Not really a game breaker since I play in WEGO and have plenty of time to move the WP around if I need to, but it is a trifle disconcerting.

Michael

Yeah, I noticed the same thing back when I was playing the demo (I haven't had time to get into the full game yet). I agree it's not game breaking, since you can always move the waypoint afterwards, but it's a bit annoying that the waypoint doesn't end up where the indication says it should end up.

Ok, just as a test, I loaded up a scenario in the full game, and I did not see this problem when placing waypoints. They all ended up where they were supposed to. Maybe this was just a problem in the demo, or have you also had this happen in the full game, Michael? 

41 minutes ago, JSj said:

Ok, just as a test, I loaded up a scenario in the full game, and I did not see this problem when placing waypoints. They all ended up where they were supposed to. Maybe this was just a problem in the demo, or have you also had this happen in the full game, Michael? 

So far this has just been observed in the demo as I have not played in the full game yet, having only succeeded in DLing it late last night. BTW, Ian's comments are interesting. I can't recall seeing the problem in previous games. It may have been there but not so dramatically as to catch my attention.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys

24 minutes ago, IanL said:

Usually in terrain with lots of changes or near walls and fences. I usually don't change anything and the soldiers go to sensible locations.

Maybe this is it. One place that I had this problem was in the training mission in the demo, sending the fire support guys through the woods to the foxholes in the fire support area. Maybe it was the crowded terrain there, with a lot of trees, and then the fox holes too. I don't remember seeing this problem out in open terrain.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Or you guys have spotted something worse that needs looking at. When you have a something specific save a save of the game and perhaps record a video since it has to do with placing way points. But also watch closely in other games and see if you see the same thing or not.

Actually, I have noticed something similar, and maybe worse. 

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

In "Trouble with Siegfried" there are some AS that you cannot put a waypoint on...it's on a ridge in the woods on the left flank past/behind the pillbox. Imagine a box of AS 4x3...the two in the center, which are on a very slight ridgeline, cannot be "waypointed".  I have saves and am going to put a report in Mantis, but probably wont get to it until later tonight.

Yes, I have done some more testing, and I think that what I was seeing is the same thing as mjkerner. The reason why the WP was not placed where I clicked, but instead some distance away, is that some AS seems impossible to place a WP on. I tried dragging and moving the WP to the AS that I originally clicked on, and it could not be moved there, instead the WP jumped past it as I moved it.

For me, this happens in the woods in the fire support area in the second training mission. So I am wondering if this is just normal behaviour for wooded terrain? Maybe some AS are just unavailable because they are blocked by the trees? Or maybe this problem only happens when there are fox holes or other structures around? There are quite a lot of foxholes in the fire support area in that training mission.

Edited by JSj

1 hour ago, JSj said:

Yes, I have done some more testing, and I think that what I was seeing is the same thing as mjkerner. The reason why the WP was not placed where I clicked, but instead some distance away, is that some AS seems impossible to place a WP on. I tried dragging and moving the WP to the AS that I originally clicked on, and it could not be moved there, instead the WP jumped past it as I moved it.

For me, this happens in the woods in the fire support area in the second training mission. So I am wondering if this is just normal behaviour for wooded terrain? Maybe some AS are just unavailable because they are blocked by the trees? Or maybe this problem only happens when there are fox holes or other structures around? There are quite a lot of foxholes in the fire support area in that training mission.

I have run into this too with certain AS showing the Impassable Terrain icon when I pass the cursor over them. But what I am talking about is something completely different. It is so far as I can tell purely a graphic glitch. I can put the cursor on the AS and get the yellow square, but when I click on that, the WP is about 4 meters off to the side, i.e., just beyond the edge of the yellow box.

Michael