CMFB First Impressions

Pretty fall colors on the trees (France/Oct. 1944)!

American stragglers!

Sturm squads!

Heavy sturm squads!

Gewehrgranat Teams!  (Is that correct - shouldn't it be Gewehrgranate Teams?)  Regardless, I'd never heard of rifle grenade teams at all before.

Edited by Andrew H.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam this game rock , only thing what i wondering is how effectiv aa fire should be, because aeroplanes eat tons of ammo to shoot down. now attlast i know when aa gun shoot down  aeroplane thanks for that text message and battle score screen all sou tell how many are destroyed.

26 minutes ago, verulam said:

The quality of the uniforms is first rate, half way through "A muddy affair", nail biting!! Well done all.:)

Second that re uniforms - the ones in "la Patrouille" are splendid. And the small action scenario is top notch as well. Yet again BFC delivers :)

Something else worth mentioning: Battlefront has done a really great job at capturing that subjective "feel" of the Ardennes region at this time of year. Very authentic and convincing. We all spend so much time talking about the logic and mechanics of the game that it's easy to overlook the accomplishments in the art department.

And I'll say this again, too: these maps are phenomenal. Open the master maps up in the editor and your first thought may very well be "holy crap!" I know mine was. I'm really looking forward to seeing what 3rd party scenario designers can do with these.

1 hour ago, verulam said:

The quality of the uniforms is first rate, half way through "A muddy affair", nail biting!! Well done all.:)

Wait until you play around with QB options and select winter outfits and whitewash vehicles. Cool stuff.

You could set it to day, I guess but it would need to be a really, really long battle. Can't remember off hand which scenario it was, or maybe it was in the American campaign but there is at least 1 battle in there that was like this. 

It was in the US campaign but it was 09:45 in the morning. The effect is the same. 

Edited by Jim1954

More first impressions:

1. Tanks really look nice.  Having a lot of fun with the M4A3E8s and Jumbos, they make the US armor selection more interesting.

2. Snow is fun too.  It makes navigating a bit trickier but looks very thematic.  

3. Scenery on a whole is quite nice.

One quirk:

Turret point of aim doesn't reset after engagements.  It's a really small thing, but if tanks engage a target from say, the hull down so the gun is at near max depression, the gun tube stays at max depression until there's another target.

Small quirk, but as far as I can tell that's what's been happening with a few of my tanks.  Looks odd with tank guns pointed to the dirt (snow really) or at weird angles while driving along.

Theres a scenario with some captured US vehicles mixed in with Panzers. Looks like some Germans in G.I. uniforms? wow. I have spent the evening just loading

scenarios to check out maps and uniforms equipment. Super job Battlefront.  CMFB looks like the best game yet in the series!