3-69 the unit i am actually in as a scout SPEED AND POWER HOOAH

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Simian Murder Apes with DU talons? Love it. But, still, those damn RWS boxes on Abrams just plain hurt. Any CO worth his salt would order his men to hacksaw them off before the Green Men point and laugh. Or the SMA throw banana peels. One or the other...

1 minute ago, c3k said:

Absolutely. Simian Murder Apes with DU talons? Love it. But, still, those damn RWS boxes on Abrams just plain hurt. Any CO worth his salt would order his men to hacksaw them off before the Green Men point and laugh. Or the SMA throw banana peels. One or the other...

Honestly if I could have gotten away with it, I would have.  It's a neat capability presented in a very marginal system.  The new lower profile RWS ought to help a little though.  

Of course in regards to SMAs, the real kicker is when you use the MICLIC rockets to propel one of them literally into the enemy ranks.  Rocket Apes FTW.  

I believe they were indeed offered.  The US Army also experimented extensively with camels in the years prior to the civil war as a a replacement for various pack animals in the American west.  While the Civil War itself cut the experiment short, rogue camels that had escaped were being spotted in the Southwest almost into the 20th century.  

US Camel Corps 1855-1866. Most were sold at auctions and the confederates captured 80 at Camp Verde, TX. When Verde was retaken it was reported that there were about 100 camels there. 

The last sighting in Texas was 1875 in the Camp Verde area. One was reportedly sighted in Arizona in 1891.

It is sometimes amazing the useless trivia one remembers...