CMFB Period Icons & Gridded Terrain

Can now be downloaded from my blog:  CMFB Mods

This includes my gridded terrain, which uses the stock textures as a base.  I found this to be essential especially for snowy ground.. it can be very difficult to spot the subtle elevation changes:

Gridded-01.PNG 

Gridded-02.PNG

It also includes my new icon mod.. I have changed the way I am handling armor icons.  They are no longer in the same round or diamond background as the other units, those backgrounds are reserved for all soft targets, infantry, guns, trucks, etc.:

Icons-02.PNG

Icons-01.PNG

Edited by Bil Hardenberger

1 hour ago, gnarly said:

Is this terrain grid something you can switch/hotkey on/off in game once installed? Or must you manually remove the mod to turn it off?

The latter, unfortunately. BFC looked into toggle-able grids a few years back but ran into technical problems.

2 hours ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Thanks for sharing Bil, I do like very much the "lighter" armour icons.

By the way, seems that the demo uses the same old 'data/z' method as CMBN. I spent a few minutes juggling the brz file inside the UserData folder. 

Miquel, Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I have the brz files in my User Data\Mods folder... not a z folder, and they work fine.  :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

Miquel, Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I have the brz files in my User Data\Mods folder... not a z folder, and they work fine.  :unsure:

Well, I tried them on the publicly available CMFB demo on Windows 10, did you try this with the demo? The interesting thing is that the installer didn't create a folder under my 'Documents' folder as is the case for CMFI, CMRT and CMBS.

2 minutes ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Well, I tried them on the publicly available CMFB demo on Windows 10, did you try this with the demo? The interesting thing is that the installer didn't create a folder under my 'Documents' folder as is the case for CMFI, CMRT and CMBS.

No I don't have the demo installed.. and yes that's probably the reason for the difference.  Not a big deal. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...