Final Blitzkrieg is in Final Candidate

12 minutes ago, iluvmy88 said:

Will preorders arrive in the mail same day as release?

No. They might go out on the same day, although there are sometimes some delays in shipping too, but in any event the postal service delivery is not instantaneous. If you are in the US it might take two to four days to reach you, longer if a weekend is involved. If you live outside the US it could take quite a bit longer.

Michael

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Chris will be back to streaming tonight (yes, it will be "tonight" here in Sweden, with the stream starting at midnight), after some weeks with no streaming. We might get some more news of the release then, both for the demo and full game.

2 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

No. They might go out on the same day, although there are sometimes some delays in shipping too, but in any event the postal service delivery is not instantaneous. If you are in the US it might take two to four days to reach you, longer if a weekend is involved. If you live outside the US it could take quite a bit longer.

Michael

Most gaming companies will send out theyre peorders ahead of time so they do arrive on release day is why im asking. im aware that we do not have teleporters

3 hours ago, JSj said:

I hope Chris will be back to streaming tonight (yes, it will be "tonight" here in Sweden, with the stream starting at midnight), after some weeks with no streaming. We might get some more news of the release then, both for the demo and full game.

I may start a little late (I *might* be uploading a hopefully final test build of Final Blitzkrieg to the servers...), but I'll definitely stream today.

5 hours ago, iluvmy88 said:

Will preorders arrive in the mail same day as release?

Physical orders tend to ship out the same week as the game releases. However, the game will be available for digital download immediately so you don't have to wait.

2 hours ago, iluvmy88 said:

Most gaming companies will send out theyre peorders ahead of time so they do arrive on release day is why im asking. im aware that we do not have teleporters

The difference is that with us, almost the moment we have the game ready and the storefront ready, the game goes live. With many other companies, the game gets locked down (goes gold) and is ready for customers to play typically weeks (maybe longer) BEFORE it is actually released. That gives them time for the publisher to do their thing, manufacture discs and packaging, ship the game to stores, etc. So if you want your physical preorder to arrive on the day that the game releases, then we have to artificially delay the release of the game, for no other reason than to have the physical copies arrive at your door on the same day. Since we don't put products on shelves in stores, there is no incentive to withhold the game from people for that long.

20 minutes ago, ChrisND said:

I may start a little late (I *might* be uploading a hopefully final test build of Final Blitzkrieg to the servers...), but I'll definitely stream today.

Great news, thanks! Fortunately, I can sleep late tomorrow, so all I need now is enough coffee to stay awake for the whole stream!

5 hours ago, ChrisND said:

The difference is that with us, almost the moment we have the game ready and the storefront ready, the game goes live. With many other companies, the game gets locked down (goes gold) and is ready for customers to play typically weeks (maybe longer) BEFORE it is actually released. That gives them time for the publisher to do their thing, manufacture discs and packaging, ship the game to stores, etc. So if you want your physical preorder to arrive on the day that the game releases, then we have to artificially delay the release of the game, for no other reason than to have the physical copies arrive at your door on the same day. Since we don't put products on shelves in stores, there is no incentive to withhold the game from people for that long.

Just sayin its not a stupid question like he made it seem. and as you may remember i cant get on BF site so its important to me =p

9 minutes ago, iluvmy88 said:

Just sayin its not a stupid question like he made it seem.

If you are referring to my reply, I did not mean to imply that the question was stupid and if I came across that way, I apologize. What I was trying to do was to succinctly provide all the information I had on the process so as to not leave anything out in case this issue was of interest to any other readers. Ultimately, ChrisND did a much better job of that.

Michael

Wasn't it said that the game had already been finished weeks ago and the release had to be deferred only because of the delays with the new website? In fact I remember someone saying that due that delay a few new smaller features were being added that had not initially been planned to be part of the release candidate at all.

Am I mistaken here or were there some further hickups not only with the website but with the game itself that I don't know of?

1 hour ago, Rokko said:

Wasn't it said that the game had already been finished weeks ago and the release had to be deferred only because of the delays with the new website? In fact I remember someone saying that due that delay a few new smaller features were being added that had not initially been planned to be part of the release candidate at all.

Am I mistaken here or were there some further hickups not only with the website but with the game itself that I don't know of?

As I understood it the time between preorder and release would be shorter than normal due to the delay of the new webstore. Also as long as they are adding stuff I guess there is a period of final testing after they lock the code even if the rest is more or less finished. I assume any new feature and or new scenario requires some testing before they have a release candidate ready.

2 hours ago, Rokko said:

Yes, you were mistaken.  Several people made assumptions that were then repeated a couple of times as if they were real. I tried to point that out but I lost the battle.  While the web site work did cause various delays of various things it was totally *not* the case that CMFB was done and blocked by the web site work.