Final Blitzkrieg is in Final Candidate

Just a heads up guys that Final Blitzkrieg last week entered into what we call "Final Candidate". That means that the game is done and almost ready: we're just making installers, doing final checks and making sure that the game won't cause your monitor to violently explode (I let the testers check for that one in particular).

When it's ready, we release. Final Candidate typically lasts from 2-3 weeks, depending on whether any problems are found. (and as mentioned it entered FC last week)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ChrisND said:

That means that the game is done and almost ready: we're just making installers, doing final checks and making sure that the game won't cause your monitor to violently explode (I let the testers check for that one in particular).

An exploding monitor would actually be kind of immersive for the game but I guess detrimental to both health and economy in the long run. Good to hear that the game soon will be launched. Can't wait.

3 hours ago, ChrisND said:

Just a heads up guys that Final Blitzkrieg last week entered into what we call "Final Candidate". That means that the game is done and almost ready: we're just making installers, doing final checks and making sure that the game won't cause your monitor to violently explode (I let the testers check for that one in particular).

Lets see... Sturmmoser Tiger, Hetzers including Flame variety, Jagdtiger, M4A3E8 "Easy Eight",  M4A3E2 "Sherman Jumbo" assault tanks, M36 GMC and M18 GMC (tank destroyers) .. to name a few new vehicles  ... I got a spare monitor ready for the Final Blitzkrieg release  :D

Ready....

Buzz

1 hour ago, ChrisND said:

We're testing installers for it right now.

I'm happy to help with Installer testing Chris; got VM's for most every OS known to man..  :P

heehee

Looking forward to it. And looking forward to the demo to bide the time!

2 hours ago, ChrisND said:

We're testing installers for it right now.

Actually I have a correction for myself: the Demo is in Release Candidate. That is one step past Final Candidate and means that we think it's ready for release, it is just getting the final checks before it goes out the door. (this time the exploding monitor only slightly injured the tester, so good news!)

2 minutes ago, gundolf said:

Glad to hear it. I went looking for the manual thinking they are available pre release on the home page but can't find it. I did find a whole wack of new game pictures tho I didn't see before. Nice work.

Check the Christmas Bones thread pinned in this forum, the manual can be downloaded there.

7 hours ago, ChrisND said:

Actually I have a correction for myself: the Demo is in Release Candidate. That is one step past Final Candidate and means that we think it's ready for release, it is just getting the final checks before it goes out the door. (this time the exploding monitor only slightly injured the tester, so good news!)

Think we might get it today?