Has Anyone Heard Any News About CM's Status??

Guest Capt_Manieri

Guest Capt_Manieri

I read the December 17 thing that Stephen Grammont wrote. Now that it's December 27 I would like to know how that last, intrical 1% of the game is coming along. Call me what you will: impatient, hussling, demanding.......but look at it this way: suppose I get hit by a car tommorrow and I die. frown.gif I'll never get to play the full version of CM frown.gif AAAARRRGGHH!!!! Do you think they've got computers in hell? Nope. But it's probably where all those early Apples went. What do you think the shipping charges would be to send a package UPS to Hell?

Captain Manieri.....out.

Hmm, I call you 16 wink.gif..

Man, I was like you once, it's funny to see it in others wink.gif.

Well Steve, Charles etc all are taking some time off. I'm quite sure some work is being done but this time of year is that time you take a week off and spend time with the family.

I've not even turned my computer on for 3 days until this evening and I'd imagine most others are spending more time with families and less with CM than they have for a few months now wink.gif

So, in summation. Pax.... It'll be a while longer. Just spend the time getting info for scenarios or something similar together.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Fionn:

Easy for you to say considering you almost got the full game. Just don't tell us to restrain ourselves. Afraid your opinions doesn't get any sympathy from me.

On the other hand it's x-mas even developers needs to spend time with their families (If it was up to me I would do a Dungeon Keeper 2 on them. Throw them in the workshop with a bunk, a couple of chickens, give them a good slap and lock the doors. That should speed them up a bit I think).

I have the full game but haven't even turned the computer on for the past 3 days (except for just tonight of course wink.gif ).

Like I alluded... there's more important things than even CM wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest MantaRay

Umm, excuse me guys, but no one answered the original question!!!! I wanna know when the game is comming out so I know when to get the credit card from the bank. And I have a policy to not buy games until the time they are finished. Been burned before by a company that never released the game, but kept my money. So, WHEN IS THE APPROX. RELEASE GONNA BE??? I dont care if you give the exact date, the month will be fine.

And Fionn, umm if you have the full game...it must be done eh??? smile.gif

Ray

------------------

Guest Madmatt

MantaRay,

You ask a very difficult question to pin down. AS BTS is such a small outfit it isn't prudent nor does it fit their mentality to lay down a 100% specific release date. Steve has posted several messages recently here on the forums discussing the release date and the considerations involved there. For ease I have re-posted this at:

combathq.thegamers.net

Or you can alternately search the forum just as easily.

So in short, we don't KNOW when the game is coming out and soon is about the closest anyone can pin down.

About Fionn, he is an external Beta Tester so he has a copy of the (unfinished) game in order to do testing and such.

Many beta testers of CM post here frequently and there input and insight are always welcome and appreciated.

Madmatt out...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-28-99).]