Inverstigating the Scottish Corridor campaign

Hi guys.

I have been kept very busy this last year or so with real life work commitments and I see that some folks have reported that The Scottish Corridor campaign has been broken by an earlier update.

I have had a look at the campaign with the latest build and it all seems to be working fine. I got a bit of a scare when I went into the Tiger mission and found that I couldn't see any British AT guns. But the AT teams start limbered up and you have to unlimber them and deploy them yourself.

I also read that there are missing Churchils from a mission. The mission I read he report about was 'No Hiding Place'. There are nine tanks available to you in that mission and there are nine tanks when you play it.

If there are any other issues or anything you think I should look at, please report it here and I'll do my best to fix it up in time for the next patch.

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2016 at 6:04 AM, Paper Tiger said:

I also read that there are missing Churchils from a mission. The mission I read he report about was 'No Hiding Place'. There are nine tanks available to you in that mission and there are nine tanks when you play it.

I just finished this mission, and I think the confusion comes from the briefing which states you have 4x3 Churchills, but you actually "only" have 10 :)

There's one Churchill missing from both 8 Troop and 10 Troop, respectively.

Edited by Bulletpoint

I've just um... 'finished' the campaign again.

I'm unfortunately on the 'veteran path' at Crescendo of Doom, and it looks it's going to take a couple more goes to get a draw or victory. Having a great time though.

Speaking of spoilers, the description of the bonus mission when loading a saved game is a spoiler.

@Paper Tiger There's no chance you could make a version that doesn't change the difficulty of the next mission depending on the outcome of a previous mission? I've never gotten further than to the 3rd mission, because I manage to win the first 2, and then get slaughtered by incredible Übermensch who get to almost within 50m of me without being seen.

it is a tough mission agreed. I've taken it on twice, the first time I scored a "Tactical Victory", whilst on my second attempt I managed a "Draw". I'm not sure why I didn't perform so well second time around.

There is a video of this mission on youtube floating around, the maker secured a "Minor Victory". You might want to take a peek at it sometime.

5 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

The mods were available in the old repository. I'm not sure if they have been transferred to greenasjade. You get the Divisional Insignia for their vehicles, and shoulder flashes for both of the Infantry Regiments.

Those mods by Darknight Canuck that had all the insignia for Commonwealth vehicles and uniforms were made with CMx2 1.0.  Thus, it's out-of-date if one has upgraded.  The vehicle part of those mods will still work, but none of the uniforms will appear due to changes made by the 2.0 upgrade. 

One could re-label all DC's uniform .bmp's to get them to conformity with 2.0, but that would require a lot of work.  Plus, the mod would still be incomplete because the 2.0 upgrade added in additional uniforms for officers and NCOs that DC's mod didn't have.  (Change the name of DC's .bmps and put them in your mods folder and you'll get British platoons/squads with a mixture of modded and vanilla uniforms.) 

DC has mentioned he'd like to update his mod someday, but the amount of time and effort that would require has understandably kept that from happening.

As for as I know, there is no working uniform mod for the 15th Scottish Division that is complete and compatible with the 2.0 upgrade.  [Vein's uniform mod, which works with 2.0 and is a nice upgrade over the vanilla uniforms, has his British pixeltruppen bearing the insignia of the 43rd Wessex Division.]

[One more thing: if one really want to see the Red Lion of the 15th Scottish Division while playing The Scottish Corridor then check-out Mord's and DC's portrait mod.  It has portraits showing the insignia of virtually every formation that saw action in the Normandy campaign.  It's not a uniform mod, but if one is looking for a little historical flavor while playing CMBN then I highly recommend it.]

Edited by Myles Keogh

• 1 month later...

Any hints on completing the 4th mission?  I can`t believe I am tasked with clearing 2 hamlets and moving a company through all without armor support.  I cant clear the hamlets as I can't sight the opposition to call in motors without getting killed first and I am told to save artillery for the next mission.  I have raged quit on this a few times.